Into the Cold

When the plane lands I'm greeted by gun barrels, and red dots lighting up my chest. I roll my eyes and walk straight to Anatoly "this will probably be the only time I will ever ask you to do this but, wipe me. I can't remember her otherwise I might do something stupid."
He goes around behind me attaching reinforced hand cuffs on my metal wrists "Like what?"
He starts pushing me to words he facility "Run for her, or him."
"Him?"
"Steve."
He stops motioning the others to head inside only then does he start talking again with a spark in his eyes "Captain America?"
Looking at the ground I mutter "Yah, him."
"Should I also wipe him from your memories?"
My head snaps up "Will he be a liability if the memories don't go?"
"Possibly."
"It's been a long time since I was wiped last. How does the procedure work?"

His eyes loose the light that they had just gained. "I will hook you to a machine, it has a panel that I can select certain memories and I can delete them." He pauses and starts walking again, trusting me to follow him "once I have selected a portion of your memories I will delete it, but if something significant happens that relates to the destroyed memory it has the chance of coming back."
"Alright. Let me write a another list but this one will be about the things I would like deleted and things that for the last three years must stay."
He nods and reaches back for my arm as we reach the door into the facility "You can do that in the lab."

Walking down countless hallways proves a good time to think of what should be taken from my mind.

The day that The Avengers walked through my door until Fury got there and I ended up on Russia. I'm sure that there is some way to twist my memory to make it look like Tony was the one that started the fight, like I was to fight him.

They can twist the memories of the party to make it look like I was trying to infiltrate them and get information before something went wrong.

Anything between the fight in Russia that the party, especially my little tantrum in the gym.

All of Aly, I can't remember her. If I do I might track her down if I escape again for information. Could be bad.

Can I keep the one of Steve laughing at me though? When I was sent out the back of the jet, after I was singing and caught me. He laughed at me and made me smile on the inside. I'll ask to keep that one.

Oh and making this list. Definitely get ride of any memory of this list. I will hate myself if I remember making this and deciding what's stays and what goes.

Once we reach the 'wipe' room Anatoly sits me down at a table and allows me to write down what I need deleted from my head as he preps the machine. I write everything down and look at the contraption he's working around. "This is going to hurt isn't it?"
"Unfortunately."

Feelings from a doctor. Weird.

"Personally, I think you are the only doctor that I've ever known to have feelings."
He looks at me sadly. "They want me to put you in a tube after the wiping."
My heart sinks and all my feelings die once again "pardon?"
"You heard me Silver."
Nodding I pick up the paper carefully handing it to him with the disturbing metal arms, my arms. "Do you think you can find a way to make these seem more human? They might be harder to hide during undercover missions if they stand out like this."
"You will be in the tube for 6 months. I'm sure during that time I can find a way to paint them a more, let's say humane colour instead of gun barrel grey."
Smirking I take a seat, resting my arms on the rests doing one binding up myself and waiting for the good doctor to help with the second one. Once it's down up he touches a rubber mouth guard to my lips "you're going to need it." I open my mouth allowing him to place it in. As the face plate covers my right eye I begin to regret asking for this. If it had to be done I should have at least asked for some other memories to stay. Maybe even the temper tantrum, but definitely Aly.