Chapter 10 - Leonidas

So sorry this took so long! I practically had to force this out, and it to FOREVER. Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think!! Please please let me know if you have any ideas, I'm really having trouble thinking of things to write about! Vote, comment, enjoy!!

————————————————————

I made a mistake bringing the girl back with us.

Because of her, Ana was acting more annoying than usual. She'd interrupted me more than once and continued to call me by my name, not my title.

I had been receiving calls from other packs around the country, all of them wondering who was going to take over the Dark Wolves pack. I had already declined; I didn't want to have to deal with hundreds of men and women that hadn't been trained to my standards.

They would all have to find another Alpha to lead their pack, someone who was willing to deal with their ignorance and lack of fighting skills.

A quiet knock on the door interrupted my current phone call with Alpha William and I snarled, stopping him in the middle of his sentence.

"Is everything okay Alpha Leonidas?" He asked.

"Everything is fine Alpha William, I just need one moment." I said before covering the phone with my hand.

"Who is it?" I asked, my tone filled with annoyance. I could hear the person gulp in fear through the door, causing a smirk to come onto my face.

"It's Eleanor, Alpha. I've got your dinner. I can bring it inside or to the dining table." She said. I never ate dinner with the pack, I do not wish to interact with them in any personal way. I was here to protect them and strengthen them, nothing else.

I was also very specific about my meals and she clearly had not asked about them.

I ate by myself, and was very picky about my meals.

"I don't want it. Leave." I growled. My body tensed when I didn't hear her move away from the door and I stood, slamming my chair into the wall behind me. Though I was angry I stayed quiet, waiting to hear her leave.

I heard the sound of the plate being set on the ground, and released a quiet growl. She left after that, her footsteps trailing down the stairs. I stormed to the door and threw it open, tensing when I saw the plate on the ground along with silverware and napkins.

I snarled and picked up the plate, throwing it against the wall causing it to shatter into small pieces littering the ground. I stalked back into my office, slamming the door behind me before picking the phone up.

"Apologies for the interruption, Alpha William. What were you saying?"

I heard her footsteps come back up the stairs and my lips formed into a snarl – she wanted to try again. I would show her who the Alpha was. I ignored Alpha William and listened for another knock, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion when there wasn't one.

Just a minute later she was walking back down the stairs, this time not stopping until she reached the bottom floor. I huffed and stood, walking to the door and throwing it open.

To my surprise the floor was fairly clean, with only a small amount of dust coating the floor where the plate shattered. The faint scent of blood drifted into my nostrils, and my wolf quickly took control. I was ready this time and stood in the hallway, battling him for control once again.

It was one of the rare times I won and I stepped back into my office. My head was swimming, my wolf whining at the fact that I may have unintentionally hurt his mate.