Bonus Chapter

This is just a chapter to thank you all for reading my book!! 1,000,000 reads mean the absolute world to me. I love each and every single one of you!

This bonus chapter is hectic and full of random ideas, but I hope you enjoy! I didn't want this to be like other epilogues, so I tried to make this unique!

********

"No."

Eleanor was upset.

Leonidas was thinking about leaving her with their newborn child for how long? How could she ever like that idea?

"Elle, I understand your frustration," Leonidas took a long look at their daughter, Millie—short for Amelia.

"Apparently you don't, considering that you're even thinking about going!" With a soft grunt, then a wail, Millie awoke from her nap at her mother's loud voice. Eleanor sighed in exasperation and gathered their child in her arms. She rocked softly for a few moments, gathered her thoughts, then looked back up at her soulmate.

"You understand that I have to go, right, Elle?" Leonidas didn't want to leave just as much as Eleanor didn't want him to, but their pack needed his help. A pack that neighbored them to the east was attacking them over a land dispute...even though Leonidas knew they had rights to the land they'd purchased.

The other pack was trying to regain the land without buying it back.

"I know, I just—" Eleanor began to cry, which in turn, caused Millie to begin as well. Leonidas brought them both into his arms and whispered soothing words until they were calm again. He sat back, his hand still on Eleanor's thigh, and hung his head.

"I could make a huge difference in this battle, Eleanor, and I will be back home to you both as soon as I can. It feels wrong to stay here while the rest of them are fighting," Leonidas murmured. Eleanor nodded, not taking her eyes off of Millie.

Leonidas was slowly growing out of his Alpha role and into the role of a normal pack member. Jackson had offered him the Beta position, but Leonidas turned it down. He had a job he liked and a family he loved, and he wouldn't give that up for anything. His protective instincts were kicking in, his wolf howling in desperation, begging to fight for his pack.

He hadn't slept right since the battle started, and it had nothing to do with Millie.

"I know these feelings are...new to us, but I promise you, I will go, finish the battle, and return to you."

"I believe you, but..."

"Would you like me to call Ana to help you while I am gone?"

"She has children of her own, Leo," Eleanor sniffled, "I couldn't ask her to do that."

"I will talk to her, and she will probably say yes, hm? Jackson will also be gone, so she might need some help as well. Let me call her really quick," Leonidas assured.

He took a step out of the room and clicked on Ana's contact information to call her.

"Leo?" She answered. He tried not to let the nickname get to him, but he still really only allowed it when Eleanor said it. Leonidas was trying to get used to it, but it was a slow process.

"Hello, Ana. Has Jackson left yet?"

"He left last week," Ana said. Leonidas could hear her tone drop a little bit and thought of his mate just beyond the doorway.