Chapter 17 - Eleanor

It felt as though something was trying to break through every inch of my skin, tearing and ripping it. Something was trying to come out of my body—was this my wolf?

Someone gripped my arm tightly and I gasped, becoming conscious, and scrambling to sit up and push the person off.

"No! Stop, please," I yelled, fighting to get the person's hands off of me.

"Stop moving!" The Alpha command immediately caused me to freeze. My arms were pressed tight against the Alpha's chest and my legs were pulled up to my chest. I whimpered and closed my eyes.

"Calm down. Breathe." I gave a small gasp as I began to take small breaths, in and out, and tried to focus on my breathing. I breathed in his scent and closed my eyes again, this time out of relaxation.

He released my wrists and used his arms to push himself up from the bed. I quickly curled under the blankets and watched him straighten his shirt.

"Are you alright?" His voice was gruff and sounded uncaring, but I answered.

"I am fine, Alpha. Thank you for asking." I could feel his gaze on me as I let my hands grasp a string on the comforter and pull. He took a seat, and just a few seconds later Ana burst through the door.

"Eleanor! How are you feeling?" Here eyes were hopeful as she looked at Alpha first, then sat on the bed next to me and took my hand. I gave her a small not, deciding against speaking. "Has Leo given you the water?"

I shook my head and watched as anger filled her eyes. "Your mate is thirsty and you're simply sitting there, really Leo?"

He rolled his eyes. "Ana, she woke seconds before I contacted you, I'm sorry I didn't immediately try and shove water down her throat." His bored tone and tense posture suggested he could care less about me or this situation. My wolf whined.

"Here, Eleanor. Small sips." She gave me a small smile and watched quietly as I took a few sips of water, then handed it back to her. She frowned. "Do you want any more?"

I shook my head in response, and leaned back on the bed. I didn't want to talk at the moment. Ana seemed to understand and stood, leaning to whisper in my ear. "If you need anything, just yell, alright? Jackson and I will be downstairs."

I nodded and she straightened, then walked out of the room. Alpha stayed, surprising me, but refused to look anywhere near me. I gathered up the courage to speak to my mate.

"Alpha?" My voice was small and scratchy, so I turned towards the side of the bed and leaned over to grab the water. His hand beat me to the glass, but in my haste for water I had forgotten to take my hand away. When it rested on top of his he growled and pulled back, moving the glass until it had fallen off of the table and shattered.

He stood, his chest heaving, and began to pace the room before letting out another loud growl. I whimpered. Immediately, he seemed to calm, but ignored me and pushed his way through the door and out of the room.

Almost as soon as the door had shut, I could feel it. Not again. I kept quiet as my body began to seize and thrash all over the bed. Anger started to seep into my mind as I felt another presence begin to push through.

Mate. Bad.

I gasped for air but there seemed to be no more in the room. My hands attached themselves to my throat, but when they made contact, I realized they weren't human.

Once more my entire body seemed to twitch all at once, then fall off of the bed. I landed in a heap on the floor, counting only a few seconds before footsteps rushed through the door. I coughed, the heaved as my lungs tried to take in as much air as possible.