Chapter 31 - Eleanor

This was definitely, by far, the most terrifying thing I had ever done I my life.

Forget my father, forget my pack, I was filled with anxiety at the thought of falling off: I would surely die. I would have to hold on tightly to Emma for the entirety of the run, and I could only pray that they would take breaks. I didn't think I could hold on for more than an hour.

Moving so quickly, it was also very difficult to not get dizzy. My head was spinning after just a half hour, and the break couldn't come any sooner. I clenched my eyes shut and pressed my head against Emma's back, feeling her back ripple with the muscles she was using to sprint as fast as she could.

I breathed in, then breathed out, taking deep breaths to keep myself from fainting. I'd taken my medication before we began the journey, but there were some new pains that I was feeling.

"Are we almost there?" I asked Emma, and felt her slow to a stop.

She bent the front part of her body towards the ground, allowing me to slide off of her back. I turned my back as she shifted and slid some clothes on.

"Why did we stop?" Alex shouted, he was a few hundred feet away with the councilman and Samson who had also shifted.

"Eleanor needs a break, just give her a second!" Emma shouted back before turning to me, "Don't worry, we only have a little over a half hour left. Are you going alright?"

"I'm fine," I nodded, and she paced for a little bit before shifting again. I climbed onto her back once she'd shifted, and once again, we were off.

I can do this for another half hour, I told myself, but I just wanted this to be over now.

I closed my eyes, and when I opened them again, Emma had slowed to a walk. Alex, Samson, and the councilman were nowhere in sight, and when I lifted myself off of Emma's back, she turned to look at me. She began to run again, and within a few minutes, we were arriving in front of a large castle-like building.

"We're here?" I whispered, but I didn't know if I was talking to Emma or myself. As I was staring at the large tan building, Emma surprised me by leaning down and sliding me off of her back.

She shifted right in front of me and I blushed, turning around until she said she was finished.

"You don't have to turn around every time, Eleanor," she giggled.

"It makes me uncomfortable," I responded, my eyes not meeting hers.

"Let's go, Eleanor," Emma spoke and reached a hand out to me. I placed mine in hers and watched as the castle grew bigger and bigger the closer we got.

"This is much larger I imagined," I whispered to her. She giggled again while I began to shake in terror. When Emma turns to face me her eyes widened and we stopped walking.

"Eleanor, what did I tell you yesterday in the car?" I shivered again.

"I-I don't remember," I managed to stammer out. She gave me a small, pitiful smile.

"I told you to stay calm, and ask me for help at anytime. Alright? Just repeat that over and over in your head." I nodded at the command, closed my eyes, and tried to follow her directions.

My eyes opened as she began to pull me towards the castle once again and I tried my hardest to avoid stumbling. As much as I had thought the inside was impressive, I almost fainted when first seeing the inside.

It was full of elegance and screamed wealth so loudly I almost covered my ears.

"It's impressive, isn't it?" Emma asked and I simply nodded in response. I didn't exactly like how impressive it was.