Chapter 37 - Eleanor

"I'm so sorry about this, Eleanor. I really didn't mean for this to happen," Leo said.

We were currently sitting in car that belonged to the pack outside a very nice restaurant. The clouds had opened up and poured a large amount of rain upon us as soon as we had gotten out of the car.

When we had reached the door of the restaurant we learned that it had just close, so we made the run back to the car and that's where we were now.

"I know, Leonidas, you can't control the weather," I said with a small giggle. Of course he would apologize about something he has no control over. As of late he had been very careful around me. It surprised me, but I did see that he still treated pack members as he had before. He was only being careful around me, and I wasn't totally upset about it.

"I don't have a backup plan," Leonidas said, cursing under his breath. I put my hand on his arm, and he looked over at me.

"Just take me to the nearest restaurant, my stomach is getting pretty loud." I said quietly. He nodded, and I gathered my courage to let my hand drift down until our hands intertwined. He froze and the car went quiet, only the sound of our breathing filling the small space of the car. His hand was limp, but he pulled away and we drove to a restaurant chain before he pulled his hand from mine.

Maybe that was an improvement? He hadn't pulled away, but he didn't enclose his hand around mine. We walked into the restaurant side by side, but not touching, and he let me order first before we sat down.

Silence filled the table.

"Here's your food!" A cheerful man said, causing me to flinch. A growl escaped Leonidas, causing every head in the restaurant to turn, and I found myself shrinking into my seat.

"I'm sorry," he said after the waiter left our table. I nodded and began to eat the spaghetti I had ordered. It was fairly messy but I tried not to get it all over my face. Leonidas' chuckle filled my ears, and when I looked up to see a large, genuine smile on his face, I smiled.

"You've got a lot of sauce on your face," he murmured. I reached for my napkin and gave a quick wipe of my face.

"Hold on," he murmured, reaching across the table with a napkin, wiping the rest of the sauce on my face. I blushed, then kept eating.

The rest of the dinner was spent in silence, and I ended up completely forgetting about my wet clothes. It was peaceful, just the murmurs of other people in the restaurant conversing with each other, and it allowed me to get a nice, long look at my mate.

He was beautiful. I was just now noticing that his hair had grown longer since I had last seen him. Not too long, but definitely longer than it had been a few weeks ago.

"Is there something wrong?" I snapped out of my daydream, and noticed he had just handed the check to our cheerful waiter. I shook my head in response to his question and sat back in my chair.

"Are you still hungry?" He asked, motioning to my plate. I had only eaten half of my meal, but I was full. Honestly. Again, I shook my head in response. He sighed.

"I wish you'd eat more. This isn't healthy," he said softly. His eyes were soft but the words hit me hard, causing me to look down at my lap to avoid the oncoming tears.

"Eating is the one thing I haven't gotten the best at, Leonidas, but I can assure you I will not lie to you about being hungry." I wanted this date to be done. It wasn't as fun as Ana had described.

"I am sorry for asking, Eleanor, I just want you to be healthy," Leonidas said, lifting my head up by reaching his arm across the table. I nodded, begging the tears to vanish from my eyes. He shook his head.