Chapter 13 - Eleanor

His bed was extremely comfortable.

The sheets must have been made of silk because I felt like I was lying on a cloud as I slept. When Alpha said that I'd be sleeping here I had to use every bit of self-control that I had not to jump up and down, then crawl right back into bed.

He left and I began to make he bed, trying to get it done as quickly as possible so that Alpha wouldn't be waiting long. When I was finished the bed looked perfect and I stood by its side, craving to feel the sheets wrapped around me again.

I made my way down to Alpha's office, passing Jackson running through the halls.

"Hey Eleanor! Have fun!" He shouted as he ran by, keeping his pace. Was he running from the Alpha?

My fear began to mount as I knocked and he yelled for me to enter. I opened the door and stepped inside of the dimly lit office. He was sitting at his desk staring at me with darkened eyes as I shut the door and stood quietly.

"Is there something specific you'd like to do, or would you prefer if I assigned it?" His tone was gruff as he spoke and his eyes never left mine. I found myself unable to speak when staring at him, so I quickly looked down before answering.

"Whatever you'd like me to do, Alpha." I responded, and was met with a grunt. I looked up shyly to see him standing, then looked back down; I was surely going to be punished for looking him in the eyes for so long.

Silence filled the office as I tried my best to listen to his heartbeat, wanting to know where he was standing.

"I'd like an omelet for breakfast, with a side of bacon and a glass of orange juice to drink. Bring it to me at exactly seven o'clock."

After giving me the order he turned around and sat back at his desk to continue whatever he had been doing, leaving me standing by the door.

"Do it now."

I nodded and opened the door then shut it softly, briskly making my way to the kitchen. No one turned to look at me and I frowned, making my way to Megan. I stood beside her and watcher her cut onions, but still, she refused to look at me.

"Megan?" At the sound of her name coming from my lips she turned slightly to make eye contact with me but continued to slice the food.

She focused on her food again and left me standing there with only the sound of a mixer filling the room. I hadn't thought I'd made any mistakes, but maybe I was wrong. Maybe she was mad at me.

"I just wanted to let you know that Alpha has asked me to prepare his breakfast for him."

That information got her attention and she fully faced me. She'd stopped cooking and a few of the chefs turned towards her, but with a simple glare from Megan's eyes they went back to their work.

"I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to verify that. He can get very upset at small things." Her voice was soft as she spoke. I nodded, watching as her eyes lost focus to mind-link the Alpha.

Her eyebrows moved together in confusion as she finished and she focused back on me.

"Go ahead, Eleanor. The ingredients are in the kitchen, if you need any help just let me know," she gave me a small smile, "although he didn't tell me what he wanted. Did he tell you?"

I nodded but frowned; did he not want anyone to know but me? I didn't want to take any chances.

My feet led me to the fridge before I could say another word to Megan and I began to pull out everything I would need for his breakfast. The pots and pans were easy to locate, and I was able to leave Megan alone while I cooked.