Chapter three: Love

Jericho's POV

I woke up wrapped in Daytons arms. I felt at peace when I was near him. He was my savior and my heaven. He took me away from all my pain and misery. He took me out of Jason's grasp and freed me. Dayton was the one who saved me from the hell I was in.

"I see you are awake now. Shall we get ready for our day?" His smile was brilliant. His white teeth were showing along with three fangs. "What happened to your fourth fang?" Curiosity got the best of me. He chuckled and explained. "I was in a war when I lost it. It had broken off and I took the rest of the tooth out. It was a very intense batter. The vampires were at war with the race called Sins. They are like demons yet they were more crazed than anything. That was the war fighting for extinction. You'll never see a Sin again." "That was a long time ago. You didn't really say what happened to the tooth itself." I said expecting more.

"Well if you must know the grizzly details I will tell you. I was fighting a Sin, he was strong and powerful. It was a good battle I didn't expect to face. He held a sword as did I. Our blades collided and sparks came forth. He was an excellent swordsmen but was not the victor. He swung at me and I blocked it. His swing was full of power and pushed his sword father down. The pressure we used with the swords caused them to shatter. His fists dove into my chest and mine into his shoulder. My fangs elongated and he saw. He threw a punch at my mouth breaking the fang. Blood pooled from the new wound. He picked his sword hilt up and charged.

"He slashed at me and there was nothing to block it was. He gave me a scar along my chest with his broken blade. I told him to come with me. He was dedicated in fighting. If he came with me he would be my body guard. He refused the offer so I took what was left of my sword and drove it through his heart. His black blood oozed from his wound and he coughed. He died with a smile. He told me that it was the best match he ever had." Dayton looked at me he seemed sad but glad at the memory.

"Do you regret killing him? He was out to kill your race. He would have no sympathy if you were on the other side of his sword. It was a fight to the death. It was inevitable. One of you was bound to die and it happened to be him. I'm glad it was him. Jason would still have me if he didn't die. Your kingdoms warriors would have never came along. I would still be in that cold cell naked without food and water. I wouldn't be here with you. I wouldn't have a name. I wouldn't have my virtue. That is one thing I always fought to keep. I knew there had to be hope. It was better that he died and not you." My voice was a whisper at the end and I looked up at Dayton with tears in my eyes.

He wrapped his long arms around me and shushed me. "I've lived many centuries and that is the only kill I have ever regretted. He was worthy to fight as an opponent he shouldn't have died that night. If he wasn't stubborn he would be alive here with me. I'm glad that I lived that day, other wise I wouldn't have met you. You wouldn't be in my arms but in a cage." His words were softly spoken. He talked as if he was speaking of a friend.

We were dressed and headed to the mall. It was a gorgeous night. The stars twinkled and the moon was a sliver in the sky. Dayton had gotten me another dress. It was black and off the shoulder with a large slit up to the top of my thigh. It clung to my body and pushed my breast up. Dayton wore a black fitted suit with a black tie. His crown was placed upon his devilish dark hair. The material was stunning the gold was etched with fine designs. There was a gem placed in the center and it was a small ruby rose

"As my mate you get the best of things. We will be shopping for dressers and whatever you would like. Do not worry about the prices. I also would like to get you a ball gown. In a months time we will have a celebration for your welcoming." He smiled. He was an amazing person and I couldn't ask for better. The car came to a halt and I looked out the window. The mall lights glowed brightly in the night. Dayton stepped out of the car and offered his hand to me which I gladly took.