Chapter Seven: Light Court Kingdom

Dayton shook my body and I whined. It's too early and the sun is up. "Kitten we need to go. Don't make me wake you with a surprise." He grumbled. "I like surprises." I mumbled into the pillow. I felt a smack on my bum and I hissed out in pain. "Owe. Why do you have to be so mean?" I whimpered and sat up in bed. I walked over to the bathroom and showered. I walked to the closet but was stopped by Dayton. He looked sorry but held out some clothes. I grabbed them and placed them on the bed. It was a sheer bra and thong that were a coral color. I slipped them and put the dress on. It was beautiful.

It was a soft pink and was floor length and off the shoulder. I slipped the shoes on that matched it and looked to Dayton. He wore a black suit with a matching tie to my dress. He walked over to me and placed my crown upon my white hair and tucked a strand behind my ear. "I love you so much, Jericho." He pulled me into a hug and a stray tear slid down my cheek. This felt like a good bye but neither of us were leaving each other. Halsey barged into our room ruining the moment but Dayton looked relieved?

"Good morning Halsey. I see you're rather happy?" I laughed. "Of course! Didn't h" Halsey was cut off my a cold glare from Dayton. Strange. "Halsey will you take Jericho to the kitchen for some breakfast I have to arrange some thing with the flight." Dayton spoke sternly. He always was stern with her. Maybe she was too energetic for him.

Halsey and I were eating a fine breakfast and men and women talked around us. I began to grow self conscious. I poked Halsey with my fork to gain her attention. "Why are they looking at me? What's happening?" I asked. "I have no clue." She seemed curious as well. "Considering that's it's only eight do you want to go finish packing?" Halsey asked as we finished eating. "I've finished packing, but I will help you pack." I said stuffing the last piece of toast with egg on it in my mouth.

Holy smokes Halsey packed so much crap. "Why do you have so much crap? How long do you think we'll be gone?!" I asked as I pushed my hair out of my face. She just snickered and shrugged. She was being coy for so reason. "

"Here let me fix your hair and do some of your makeup. We gotta look good for when we arrive." She pulled me to her bathroom and plugged in hair things. She took my crown off and placed it in my lap. She began curling my straight hair and did a small braid that would outline my crown. She applied light makeup and smiled. She wouldn't let me look in the mirror and I was getting frustrated. "Do you love Dayton?" Halsey asked skeptically.

"Well if course. I love him so very much he's made me so happy in the time I've been here. I've built a home with him." I smiled and a tear was going to escaped me before I felt a small hit on my back. "No crying or you'll ruin your face." She chuckled and took my crown from my lap. She placed it upon my head and told me to stand. "Okay I'm going to get ready." She smiled and moved out the line of the mirror so I could see myself. I was stunning. I turned to see Halsey already ready. I wish I had that kind of speed. She wore a black dress that stopped at the floor and it was off the shoulder.

"Okay Dayton wants to see you out side in the garden area." She smirked. "Okay. I will see you when we leave." I kissed Halsey's cheek and she blushed. I chuckled and make my way toward the garden. There was snow outside and the garden was indoors. I opened the door and gasped. A table was set for two and there was food placed there with a bottle of wine and Dayton stood there. His back was towards me and I smiled. He turned and his smiled brightened. "Good afternoon, Kitten." He walked over to me and pulled me in for a kiss.

We walked to the table and ate. "How was your day with Halsey?" He asked amused. "It was tiring. She has so many things to bring with us. How was your day?" I chuckled. "Well she's not bringing any of the stuff she forced you to pack. That was a distraction for this event. My day was stressful and worrisome until I saw you." He smiled. Soft piano music began to play and Dayton stood and took my hand and we swayed to the music. He spun me around and stopped me when I faced away from him. I was deeply confused until I turned back around. I gasped and tears swelled in my eyes.