Chapter Eleven: The Fallen King

Dayton's POV

It's been three weeks now. Her heart had finally stopped and she was no longer breathing normally. She breathed once an hour. Everyone was concerned for their queen. Halsey didn't leave her side along with me.

"I think I'm going to get something to eat do you need anything?" Halsey asked. I shook my head not wanting to speak. When Halsey stood up a doctor came in with a blood bag. "This is mermaid blood I think it will trigger something to wake her up." The man smiled. He placed the new bag of blood on the thing. It seemed to work fast. Jericho's fingers began to twitch. Hope rose inside of me but nothing happened after the finger movement.

Halsey shed a tear and left the room. "It will take longer than just a few minutes. Give her about an hour to two hours for a sign. Have a good day my King." The doctor said with no emotion in his voice. My beloved sat there motionless. She did not seem to be in pain. Her skin was more pale and her hair seemed the change slightly. It was no longer stark white but rather a soft pink. Her lips were more of a pale pink as well.

I didn't take my eyes off her and I don't think I could. I wanted to see something happen but nothing was happening. I wish we were never in this mess. That bastard Jason is to blame for all this. If he wasn't dead already I would kill him again but slowly this time. A tear slipped from my eye. I felt so helpless.

"Jericho, baby, I'm not sure if you can hear me but it's time to wake up. I need you back by my side. I don't know what to do without you I'm so lost. Wake up please." I whispered. Her body didn't move any. Tears rolled down my checks and I bit my lip. This was all my fault. I couldn't protect her.

I need her to wake up. I need her by my side I need her to help me with everything. I squeezed her hand. There was a knock of the door. I turned to see Alec walk in. He looked like shit. His wounds from the battle weren't healed. There were small traces of silver in his blood and he was told it will take up to a month to heal.

His eyes were a deep green and dull. His skin was more pale than usual. He had a cut from his left ear to the middle of his throat; it should have killed him. His blue suit hugged his figure well. "How are you, Dayton?" He asked. I shook my head. "Like shit. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I'm dying. My heart hurts from the pain. I need her by my side." I sighed.

Alec squeezed my shoulder. "I know you don't want to but you need to get out. You're going to look like complete shit when she wakes up. I'm not too sure Jericho will want to see you like this. Go get cleaned up and changed." He smiled weakly.

I sighed and understood. "Will you get me a suit out of my room?" I looked at Alec with pleading eyes. He nodded and left without another word. I stood up and walked into the bathroom that was in the hospital. I took my clothes off slowly. I looked at myself in the mirror and pushed my hands through my dirty blonde hair. I let out a strangled cry.

Fuck. How could I have let this gone so far. She's fucking dying in there because of me.

Third Persons POV

The King grabbed the sides of the sink and let out a sob. He no longer looked in the mirror. He looked down into the sink and cried for help. Cried for his beloved to come back to him. Sobs racked his body. He was being consumed by his sorrows and had no idea his body was in fact shutting down once again. His vampire side needed his beloved and his human side was losing its sanity.

A scream tore through his lips and he sank to the floor. The King was a mess and no longer the strong stable man he was. There was a knock on the door and Alec walked in. He didn't say anything. He knew what situation his King was in. He lost his beloved too. It was something hard to cope with but in the end he was able to push past his sorrow.

He reached forward and pulled his naked body from the floor. He pushed the crying king into the shower and turned it on. "Get washed. I know you're a grown man so you should be able to. Jericho will want to see you as soon as she wakes up." Alec smiled softly.

Dayton's hand grasped Alec's arm. He didn't let go and looked him in the eyes. Dayton made no room to talk nor did Alec. Alec just pulled his king into a tight hug.

He needed a form of comfort and it didn't matter who it was coming from. "Listen it will be okay. Just shower alright." Alec said rubbing circles into Dayton back. After a while Alec left.

The hot water spilled down Daytons back and had no intention to stop. He was becoming numb. He no longer felt the connection with his beloved and it was scaring him. He wanted to die. If she wasn't going to wake up Dayton didn't want to stick around and run a kingdom alone.

He sank to the bottom of the shower and tears fell down his cheeks. His heart stopped. His breathing stopped. He was almost dead.

The door barged open and a doctor pulled him from the shower. Dayton was dragged to a hospital bed and was hooked up to numerous machines to monitor what was going on with him. Alec rushed into the room and was frantic. He felt the lost connection with his King. The feeling of the sever between him and his King was painful and he knew other would have felt it.

What the hell was going on?

"What is going on in here? Why am I feeling the loss of my king?" Alec yelled at the doctor. "Heart failure! I need staff in here now!" The doctor yelled. Several doctors ran into the room completely emotionless. "Get a sample of his blood. Someone get a bag of the Queens blood." The main doctors ordered.

The staff left and did what they were told. Dayton's heart stopped and the doctor began doing chest compressions until he was given a defibrillator. The doctor charged them and pressed the to his chest. His body convoluted but showed no signs of being alive. One of the staff members barged into the room with a sobbing Jericho. She was awakened when Dayton died.

Her heart clenched tightly when she saw her beloved in the hospital bed. "Save him!" She screamed. Alec stood there shocked. He regained his composure and pulled Jericho to his chest. He couldn't hold her still. She ran to her dead beloved and cried.

"Get her out of here!" The doctor roared. The staff that was in charge of getting her blood tossed the bag to the head doctor. He grabbed Jericho's screaming body and pulled here away from Dayton. The staff member handed her to Alec once again.

The doctor tore open the blood bag and pored its contents into Daytons mouth. The heart monitor was frantic with the new found heart beat. Soon the monitor went off signaling the failing heart inside of Dayton's chest. "Got damn it! What is his blood work showing?!" The doctor asked. He was beginning to worry. He might not be able to save his King.

"The blood hasn't come back sir." A staff member said quickly. "One of you go figure out what the hell is taking so long, now!" He ordered.

A female staff member ran down the hall to the blood work room. She was greeted with a confused staff member. He looked up at her. "There's something terribly wrong." He spoke hoarsely. "No shit!" The woman yelled. The man motioned towards the blood. It was no longer red, but I was a mixture of black and silver.

Jericho was pressed into Alec's chest. She sobbed quietly while he hushed her. Things have taken a turn for the worse. She was finally awake but their king was dying. They didn't know what was wrong. The two of them say in the corner of the room watching the doctor and his staff rush around Dayton's failing body.

"You have to drain his body of blood!" The female staff member yelled as she burst through the door. Everyone was confused. The male staff member that was originally in charge of the blood work looked scared. "She's right. He will surely die if we don't." He whispered. He was terrified of losing his King and so was everyone else. "It will kill him!" The doctor yelled clearly frustrated.

"She can save him." The female staff member said. She pointed to Jericho. And her eyes grew wide. "I'll do anything." She whispered and wiped her tears away.

"You have to bite him."