Chapter Six: Parents

My hand was inside of Dayton's large one as we walked for what seemed like forever. The halls of the house were quite and the moon light flooded through. The air outside seemed cold and crisp. Chills ran down my spine from the coldness pooling off of the door we had stopped at. Dayton opened the door and we walked through. We were outside now and it was freezing. How am I so could if my tiger is hot blooded.

"Hey! I'm just as cold! My paws feel frozen. I'm doing the best I can to keep our body heat up. The war took a lot out of me. When you heal people it's not meant to be three in a row but only one. I will do my best so you can heal more than just one person at a time. For now we shall suffer the cold night air."

I began to shake not knowing why we had gone outside. "Baby it's so cold it's going to snow!" I laughed. Dayton chuckled at my child manners and took off is coat and gave it to me. I quickly put the black fabric around me and breathed in his sent. The smell of rain and the forest were evident on it and his sweet yet strong cologne lingered on the coat. I didn't really have to savor the intoxicating smell because it was pooling off of Dayton's body now that he was free of his coat.

This walk seemed like it would take forever. Snow was falling slowly and it was really beautiful. My feet we're cold and so was my nose. "Baby it's so cold. Are we almost there?" I whined. Dayton looked at me and finally took on my freezing features. My nose was probably pink along with my cheeks and my legs were bare as I was in a skirt. Dayton picked me up and we seemed to be at our destination in a blink of an eye.

He set me down and placed a small kiss upon my lips. It thawed me out instantly. Dayton brought his hand up to the door and knocked. A woman opened the door not paying any attention to us. She seemed to be talking to, I assume, her beloved or husband. "Mother could you please let us in my beloved is freezing." Dayton chuckled. His mother looked at me with pure shock. I don't like that look at all but I guess it is what it is. "Come in. Come in! I didn't expect you guys." His Mother said pulling us inside. My eyes wondered the area and I smiled.

Pictures hung on the wall, baby pictures of Dayton and him growing older. Pictures of the two parents smiling at the camera. I felt a pang in my chest, I don't remember my parents nor do I have a picture of us or even them. My smile turned into a frown. I felt Dayton squeeze my hand and it pulled me from my upsetting thoughts. "Son how have you been? And why haven't you brought her over sooner?!" Dayton's father asked scolding his child causing me to snicker.

"Good evening father. I was waiting for the right time for her to meet you two. Jericho this is Dexton and Marry." Dayton smiled proudly. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Knight. It's a pleasure to meet you two." I smiled. Dayton's father pulled me into a hug and I heard Marry sigh slightly under her breath. He pulled away and pulled Marry to his side. "Just call us Dexton and Marry, non of that Mr. and Mrs nonsense." He smiled.

Dayton's hand grabbed my own and he pulled me close to him. He leaned down and whispered in my ear. "You look so good in business clothing, Kitten." I'm sure my face went bright red at his comment. I bowed my head towards the past King and Queen in respect. I know I'm not supposed to bow to anyone but they are worth it. "Well are you two hungry? We are making some dinner." Dexton asked. He seemed fond of me unlike Marry. "We would love to." Dayton smiled. He seemed very happy to be around his parents.

Dayton dragged me to a very dark room and I felt his lips on my neck. Before I could stop him he sank his fangs in my neck and I couldn't help the small gasp that passed my lips. I could feel the blood leave my neck and into Dayton's mouth. He pulled back and kissed and licked his bite mark on my neck. "Sorry Kitten." He smiled weakly. I couldn't really see him but with the help of my tiger sight I saw a little bit. "When was the last time you had a drink of blood?" I asked. "When you gave me yours." He smiled sheepishly. My mouth gaped open.