Chapter Eight: Jason's Back

I stood there as fear courses through me. He was back for me. He dared to step foot on another's land just to see me. Was he truly that powerful now? Was he really going to be able to take me back? Tears welled up in my eyes daring to fall. A hand was on my should and I jumped from surprise. I turned to see it was Dayton. "Baby you have nothing to fear. We will protect you at all costs." Dayton smiled. For some reason it was reassuring. I just felt like Jason had more on his side than what we expected. Only time would tell to see who would be victorious in the end. Hopefully it will be us.

Dayton picked me up and brought me to our room and sat me on the bed. He unzipped my dress and it fell off. I sat on the edge of the bed shellshocked. "Baby I have to go finish this meeting. I have people guarding the door, don't let anyone in unless it's me. I love you so much. I will see you soon." Dayton kissed my cheek and wiped away a tear that I didn't realize had fallen.

Dayton left and I saw Halsey by the door but Dayton stopped her. My tiger picked up their words. "Listen Halsey she needs space right now. He is her attacker and it brings back memories she's fought to keep at bay. I know it seems hard to stay away but that's what she needs. She needs distance from us for a little. She will be okay I'll have her room guarded at all times. No one will get to her unless it's me. I'm leaving to the meeting. Please respect my wishes and keep a distance from her." Dayton spoke softly and walked away. I heard Halsey's footsteps walk away as well but in the other direction.

I've been in here for two days and Dayton still has the court meeting and fill me in on everything. They are looking for Jason and are pretty close I guess. They all came to a conclusion to kill on sight. It was far past the question if they should take him alive. According to the court meetings he's been murdering to gain more people but if they refuse they die.

There was a knock on my door and I stood up. Went to the closet and grabbed a knife and put on a robe. I was close to the door when I asked who was there. There was no response so I went back to my bed. I sat there bored out of my mind. The door was being pounded on and it scared me.

'Dayton someone is at the door!'

I ran to the closet and my did a quick magic spell to hide my sent and slow my heart rate down really low. I heard the door smash open and smelled blood. "Here kitty kitty." A sickening voice cooed. The footsteps got closer and I closed my eyes tight. I heard footsteps running to my room and heard a woman's cry and she began to attack the man. I wasn't sure who it was but maybe they needed my help. I burst from the closet to see Halsey pinned to the ground with a man hovering over her. He had a knife pressed against her neck. I brought my blade up and smashed it down with all my force into his back where his heart should be.

A cry sounded from his lips. He fell dead. Halsey was quick to stand. "We need to leave now!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me from the room. I saw ahead of us the three girls, Britney, Elma and a limp Julia. I cursed under my breath at the sight. "Is she dead?!" I asked uneasy. "No but she is hurt." Elma cried. I brought my hands up to her bloody stomach and felt magic seep out of my hands and heal her.

"The council room is up ahead. We should go there." Halsey spoke. We all ran to the room and saw a couple rogues along the way I had shifted and sank my teeth into their necks. Halsey opened the council room and I roared at what I saw. Dayton looked weak and had a blade pressed into his throat by none other than Jason. "For being a Vampire King he sure is weak wouldn't you think? Oh the others aren't dead yet but will be if you don't do as I say." Jason smiled evilly.

"Don't listen to him." Dayton whimpered. I took a step forward and Jason growled. "Listen here Little Runt. You and the other girls come with me and I'll spare everyone's life in this room. Oh I'll even let you say goodbye to your beloved vampire." Jason was evil and there was nothing that showed any good in him. Jason pushed Dayton forward and he fell hard. I rushed over to him and shifted. I pulled him close to me. He look like he was dying. I bit my wrist and gave him blood but it wasn't helping him. All of the courts were in here suffering because of me. "I'll go, but only me. The other need to stay. They have no value to you." I cried.