four

INCONCLUSIVE

INCONCLUSIVE

Camilla woke back up in the testing room. A pang of guilt ran through her chest but she pushed it away quickly. It wasn't real, there wasn't any point dwelling on it. She let loose a relieved sigh when she saw Jane in the mirror behind her, who was staring at the screen with a look that Milla couldn't decipher.

The redhead cleared her throat, snapping the Abnegation woman out of her daze. She quickly removed the electrodes from the both of them before walking back to the screen, the same look on her face. Jane tapped the side of the table with her finger and released a heavy breath.

Camilla rubbed her clammy hands on her jeans. She was beginning to worry. Had she done something wrong? Was she still in the test?

"Jane-"

"Excuse me, I'll be back in a moment." The woman said tensely before promptly leaving the room.

Camilla brought her hands to her face and pushed the palms into her eyes until she could see the colours and swirls of the universe. When she pulled her hands away it took a while for her vision to return. She remembered doing that all the time as a child and was a habit that she had brought into her teenage years.

As time passed, Camilla slowly got more nervous and she began to run through all of the possible outcomes in her head. What if she got Amity? She didn't have a problem with the faction - it was the place she called home, after all - but she always felt like she wasn't calm enough to be there. Her rough edges and sharp tongue making it hard for her to fit in. But that made her wonder if she would get Candor. Sure, the chances of her choosing it were little to none, but if she got Candor and didn't choose it, would she become Factionless because she couldn't fit into her chosen one?

What if she didn't fit into a faction at all and her aptitude was nothing? The ginger didn't think she could handle being Factionless, not because of the poverty and discomfort, but because she would have to live a life secluded from the society and shunned from the most important thing in life: the community.

The door finally opened and in walked Jane. Camilla was thankful for the woman returning, as she was about to slip into a crisis. Jane looked stressed and worried, which then made the Amity girl feel the same.

"I haven't seen anything like this for a long time." The woman admitted, her brown eyes drilling into Camillas. "I must say though, I am surprised."

"What are you talking about?" She asked, perplexed, finally sitting up, "Did I do something wrong? What are my results?"

"No, you did nothing wrong," Jane assured with a tight smile, walking so she standing next to Camilla.

"Then what is it?"

Jane took a heavy breath before replying. "Your results are inconclusive."

Camilla stopped breathing for a second, then she choked out, "how is that possible?"