nine

NOT YOUR FRIEND

NOT YOUR FRIEND

Camilla was confident in her abilities. She knew she had the strength, stamina, and even the speed, to stand a chance against most of the other transfer initiates. Though there were a few people, namely Peter and Edward, that she prayed her name would not be next to. Which was why a long breath of relief escaped her lips when she saw that she was not paired with either one of them.

However, her sigh quickly died in her throat when she realised that the name next to her own belonged to none other than her newly-made friend: Tris.

The redhead--who had arrived a few minutes earlier than her friends --- turned to the door, hoping she could catch Tris as she entered. A minute or so later, the blonde shuffled into the room with Christina by her side. Camilla was quick to march over to the two girls and greet them, before pointing out the board.

"Oh..." Tris said, trailing off as she read her, and Camilla's, name.

"No hard feelings, right?" Camilla asked slowly.

"Of course not." Was the Blondes reply.

Christina had been quiet as the two exchanged a few quick words until suddenly, she elbowed both of them with a funny look on her face.

"This isn't good." She said to Camilla and Tris, who were both wincing as they rubbed their already-sore muscles.

"Sorry," She said after noticing what she had done. "But look. I'm up against the Tank."

Camilla glanced at the board again, she had been too busy thinking about her own fight so she hadn't even thought to check out everyone after hers. Written next to Christina's name, in the same white chalk as everyone else's, was 'Molly.'

"The Tank?" Tris asked.

"Yeah, Peter's slightly more feminine-looking minion." She explained, nodding toward the cluster of people on the other side of the room. Molly was tall, with broad shoulders, bronze skin, and a large nose.

Camilla suddenly understood why Molly was referred to as the Tank and snorted loudly.

"Those three" --- Christina pointed at Peter, Drew, and Molly in turn --- "Have been inseparable since they crawled out of the womb, practically. I hate them."

Camilla became distracted as she watched Al and Will begin to circle each other. Al was half a foot taller than Will, and almost twice as broad, so she had a feeling the fight would be over quickly.

"Peter is pure evil."

At Christina's words, Camilla looked at Peter and his friends again. It was true, Molly did look like a more feminine-looking version of Peter, and if Milla didn't know any better then she might have thought they were siblings. Drew, on the other hand, stuck out like a sore thumb with his orange hair. It was similar to her own except Camillas looked more red, while Drew looked like a dirty carrot.