Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Jitterbug Of Doubts And Secrets

~The Next Day~

~(Y/n)'s pov~

After waking up in one of Rem's several spare bedrooms, I quickly notice that I was wearing a dark blue silky nightgown as my uniform laid neatly on a chair. Quickly changing out of the revealing outfit, and into my school uniform, I walk downstairs almost instantly smelling food. "Ms. (L/n), I see that you're awake," The same butler from last night greeted me, staring at the lower class demon I ask, "Yes I am, is Ritsuka awake?"

"No, Miss," The butler shook his head, answering my question. But before I could ask anything further, Rem walks out of his study asking, "Is everything alright, (Y/n)?" "Yes, everything is," I say, staring at the blonde emotionless. Seeing my change in attitude, the devil sighed, asking, "Would you like to eat breakfast with me, (Y/n)?"

Unsure if I should take his outstretched hand, I mentally kick myself as I accept his hand. The male doesn't smile however, he simply starts to walk towards the dining room, pulling on my wrist, forcing me to follow him. What shocks me, however, is when he pulls out a chair for me, nodding at him as a sign of gratitude. I quickly sit down, feeling the blonde push me in.

Before I could even blink, all sorts of food were then placed in front of me, the smell alone causing my empty stomach to growl in anticipation. Ignoring the way the blonde stares at me amused. "Would you mind stop staring at me," I start, taking a bite of the warm waffles/pancakes/french toast. Swallowing the sugary bread, I add, "It's quite rude,"

My comment causing the devil to return to his normal emotionless self, as he says, "I apologize if I've offended you," "Then stop staring," I retort, still feeling his cold eyes on my form. Trying to return to my food, I attempt to ignore his eyes.

"What are you?" He finally asks the randomness of the question causing me to drop my fork. "Something like you, but better," I reply, not wanting to entirely answer his question. I then add, after seeing him even more confused, "I think you'll figure it out soon enough,"

Before Rem could push further, we hear footsteps heading towards us. Turning towards the entrance, I see Ritsuka stick her head in, her eyes widening seeing me. "Ms. Tachibana, would you like to join us?" Rem questions, causing the girl in question to jump in surprise.

"Ritsuka," I call her name after she doesn't move. However, upon hearing me, she quickly rushes over, sitting closest to me. Once she sits down, however, an awkward silence falls between us, the only sound is of our silverware hitting the plates.

"Excuse me, but it is about time to head off to school, Master," The butler announces, walking into the room, and bowing his head at the demon. Rem, is then the first one to move, wiping his mouth with his napkin, saying, "Let's go," "Finally," I mutter, standing up, easily brushing past the noble devil.

Quickly walking to the main entrance, I see the same butler as before, holding both Ritsuka's bag as well as mine. Grabbing both of ours, I walk out of the manor, allowing myself to finally breathe properly without receiving a glare. Looking around, I easily spot the glamorous black limo, the paint shining from the sun. However, before I could walk towards it, something lightly tugged on my stockings.

Glancing down, a proud pomeranian rubbed against my leg, the same as last night. The cute dog happily barks at successfully gaining my attention. Squatting down, I gently pet the animal, as he leans into my touch. The familiar gesture causing me to remember when I was much younger.

~Flashback~

"Mama, look!" A young girl shouts, her light pink dress, slightly torn and dirty. Seeing the state of the child's clothing, an older woman asks, "Darling, what did you do?" "Look Mama, I found him," The girl says, not answering her mother's questions as she pushes her arms out.