Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Pas De Deux Of Fantasy And Innocence

~With Rem~

~Rem's pov~

Walking inside of the darkroom, I bow my head, as I wait until I hear his voice calls out, "My son," "I'm here," I answer, not looking up, as I hear him ask, "Why have you not come to me sooner?" "Please forgive me, father," I say, which causes the older demon to shout, saying, "Answer my question," "It's complex," I hesitantly say, not wanting to hint towards either girl.

"Is the human world more important than your devil's pride?" Father questions, the question making me look up, answering, "No, father, the mere thought is laughable," "Do not lie to me, or you'll pay with your life," He growls as a warning, trying to convince him, I begin to say, "But I'm not!" "I would never even dream of betraying you fath-!" "Silence!" He cuts me off, before pushing me back with his powers into the wall, as the material crushes underneath me.

"Actions speak louder than words, boy!" Father shouts, continuing he says, "All I want is the forbidden grimoire, not your pathetic promises," "If you wish to carry on the Arlond name, make the Grimoire yours," He orders, as he chokes me, his grip tightening around my neck with every word.

~With the other Council members~

~Third pov~

As Rem discusses things with his father, a gust of wind passed throughout the third library, Urie then decided to break the silence between the other council members while looking at the rose in his hand. "Times like these, are the reason I'm happy I'm not the Arlond heir," "Yeah, tell me about it, his old man is known for having a pretty short temper," Mage agrees throwing a shoji board game piece in the air while catching it.

"Oh, come on," Shiki groans, before he hugs himself while saying, "Being shamed every once in a while isn't coming to kill him," "Unless it does because I can around imagine how amazing the amount of pain he'll be in," The fallen angel says, his face heating up as he thinks about it. Annoyed with the sadist/ masochist's fantasies, Mage throws a book at him while growling, "No one asked for an angel's opinion," "Ouchie!" Shiki yelps, as he holds his head.

"Whatever," Shiki says, glaring at the males before shouting, "You both are enjoying this just as much as I am!" "Perhaps, yet you're the only one making it creepy," The incubus states, stabbing Shiki in the hand with a thorn on his rose. The fallen angel flinches while cradling his wrist, as he licks the small cut laying on his hand, blushing slightly.

Annoyed with the fallen angel's exaggeration, Urie says, "Oh please, you liked it," "You're such a crybaby," Mage let outs, glancing at Shiki, causing Shiki to exclaim, "Leave me alone, you guys always pick on me, but you're the ones who always backstab Rem!"

"Speaking of Rem, why don't we use this opportunity while he's busy with his old man?" Mage asked, Urie, shakes his head responding, "Don't be silly, Mage, (Y/n) is my butterfly," "In your dreams, I'm going to get both her and the Grimoire," Mage sarcastically laughs, before the door of the council opened, the two then realized Shiki was gone.

"Shiki!" Urie exclaimed as both him and Mage stand up about to chase after the fallen angel. Angrily, Mage asks, "Damn it, how the hell did that worm get the jump on us?!" The two then disappeared, with their bodies being consumed with purple smoke. After the pair disappeared, Rem stumbles into the room, not seeing nor hearing what had happened. He held puts his arm over his eyes, as he lied down onto the sofa, almost instantly falling asleep, without realizing, that he was being watched.