Chapter 9

Chapter 9: War Cry Of Secrets And Contrariness

~(Y/n)'s pov~

Feeling my power drain, the bracelet on my wrist shatters, as I slouch over Azuna's body, refusing to let her go. Not looking up when I feel Lindo place a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "(Y/n)," I hear Ritsuka say, not even acknowledging her presence, I only hold onto the blondes' already cooler body. Not sure how long later, I then hear multiple footsteps nearing us as someone shouts my name.

Instantly recognizing the voice, I slowly raise my head towards her direction. Both Mom and Dad running towards us, feeling new tears already brimming my eyes, I mutter, "Mama, Papa," The pair then both slow down, seeing the bled out Azuna and my broken figure. "Sweety..." Mom trails off, her eyes softening as she nears me, Papa staring at the scene in disbelief.

"S-she was right here, she was just alive," I say, the tears falling from my eyes. Mom then rubs my back, wiping my tears, she says, "It's ok, you did all you could," "S-she kissed me...." I quietly confess, looking up at her, before I try to say, "She kissed me then told she loved me, then she-" Mom cuts me off, pulling me away from Azuna, embracing me, saying, "(Y/n), I promise, it's all going to be ok,"

"(Y/n)," I hear someone shout, pulling away from Mom, we both turn to see the twins running towards us. Papa being the one to stop them, making them see Azuna's body. "Azuna?" (B/n) quietly questioned, staring at her still body and my bloody form. Mom then stands up, telling my brother, "Do it," "Mom, what do you mean?" I ask, not knowing what she meant.

Instead of answering me, (B/n) looks towards both Dad and (G/n), as the pair nods. The (O/h/c)-haired boy then walks towards me, about to back away, I feel my sister hold me down wrapping shadow-like vines around me. Realizing what's happening, I begin to thrash around, shouting, "(G/n), let me go!"

Instead (B/n) kneels in front of me, quietly telling me, "I'm sorry..." "Please, don't do this," I beg, seeing him raise his hand. Feeling the effects of his power, I slump over, the world around me becoming darker.

~Third pov~

"(Y/n)!" Lindo shouts, not understanding what's happening before the (O/h/c)-haired boy looks over. The boy then mutters something, making Ritsuka fall over. Before she could hit the ground, her red-haired cousin catches her. Not completely worried, the male faces the (L/n) family loudly demanding, "Just what type of family harms one another?"

"Our sister only asleep," (G/n) answer, releasing the restraints off of her sister, while not bothering to face the angry exorcist. Agreeing with his sister, (B/n) motions to the equally knocked out brunette, saying, "Same with your cousin,"

(M/n) then walks back over to her eldest daughter, picking the unconscious girl up bridal style. The mother then says, "We should go," "What are you doing?" She asks, seeing her husband walk in the opposite direction, picking up the dead exorcist. The father ignores her question, only telling Lindo, "Exorcists, would rather die than turn into the thing they kill,"

"But, I have to do something," The male continues, revealing to his wife just want he plans on doing. The young (O/h/c)-haired female hybrid, then asks, "Papa, you don't mean-" "Yes I am," (F/n) cuts off his youngest daughter. Lindo however, doesn't understand what the family meant, demanding, "What, what are you planning?"

"I'll be transforming her into a devil, she's too important," (F/n) answers, before adding, "Besides, the girl shouldn't have to die like this, not after everything she's done, for my daughter," "A devil?" Lindo gasps, not believing that the family was planning on resurrecting the blonde exorcist.

"It's the only way she'd ever survive her wounds," The demon king says, his son then decides to explain, "Now if it were anyone from our families, we would be able to heal ourselves in our sleep, but Azuna is only human," "Now, you should take your cousin home," (F/n) tells the red-head exorcist, then quickly adds, "The council should be here soon, as well,"