Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Waltz Of Transience

~On Monday~

~Ritsuka's pov~

As many of the students started to complete their classes booth for the Cultural Festival. Azuna and I were working on the decorations, for ours. Looking around, I see (Y/n) helping some of our classmates working on the recipes for the menu.

Seeing (Y/n) doing that, I couldn't help but look at her longingly, remembering every single time she got hurt while trying to protect me. My thoughts were then cut off, by a familiar (S/t) hand waving in front of my face. "Ritsuka, are you ok?" (Y/n) asked worriedly, as Azuna looks up from her decorations wearing a concerned look.

"Oh, in, sorry, I must have been deep in thought," I apologize, chuckling nervously. Causing Azuna to let out a sigh of relief, as (Y/n) continues to stare at me, before deciding to drop the subject, saying, "Fine, well we should go, the school day is almost up,"

I quickly collect my things, (Y/n) then says, "I actually forgot my bag in the classroom," "Let's go get it," Azuna chuckles, playfully shoving the hybrid's shoulder. As we walk down the halls, I couldn't help the nagging feeling of being responsible for everything, "Ritsuka," (Y/n) once again snaps me out of my thoughts, turning towards her I then see her already carrying her bag.

"Are you sure you're ok?" She asked, concern laced in her voice, trying to lie, I begin to stumble over my words saying, "No, yes, I mean, I think," "Alright," (Y/n) said clearly not convinced, not wanting to talk about it, I say, "Well, I'll see you both tomorrow at my house," "Yeah, we'll see you then," Azuna says, before both females begin to walk in their respective direction. Sighing to myself, I shake my head, making my way to my house.

~The next day~

"Ye evil ones, ye who lurk in darkness, ye sinister ones..." Lindo chants, as I close my eyes silently praying, splashing holy water on me, he continues, "Be thou all repelled by the sacred power of the light,"

Opening my eyes, Lindo then says, "Remember, be careful, the festival well have plenty of outsiders who will come and go," "And there's a high chance that there will be devils and vampires among them," He continues, as I stand up from the ground, not really paying attention, I say, "Yeah..." "Good," He nods while placing a hand on my shoulder.

Before either of us could say more, the doorbell rang. I quickly run over, throwing open the door, revealing both (Y/n) and Azuna. "Morning Ritsuka," Azuna said smiling, smiling back, I cheerfully greet both of them, "Morning!"

"Morning," (Y/n) tiredly said, under her eyes lied bags, confused I ask, "You ok?" "Yeah, it's just having to wake up early, also trying to convince my parents to let me go to school today, just because of the festival," The hybrid answers, at the end she lifts her hand to her mouth, yawning. "You know, if you keep up this way, your anxiety will only get worse," Azuna scolds, (Y/n) turns around towards the gate, saying, "I think I'll survive with it,"

As (Y/n) begins to walk away, Lindo came outside but froze in his place seeing her. Noticing the way he refused to move, she sighed, asking, "You guys ready?" "Yeah," Lindo mumbles, walking furthest away from her.

"Ritsuka, now remember, you aren't going anywhere alone without Azuna or I. And the same goes for you (Y/n)," Lindo announced, breaking the silence. Only causing (Y/n) to look at him puzzled and slightly ticked off, before she asked, "What, why me?"

"Because of the recent events, and no exceptions," Azuna says, not looking at neither me nor (Y/n). The hybrid clicks her tongue, grumbling in annoyance, "Fine," "Please calm down," I sigh, trying to keep everyone from fighting, before adding, "I promise that I won't do anything to risk mine or anyone's safety, until my seventeenth birthday. And we both understand why you both are getting overprotective,"