Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Farandole Of Reminiscence And Labyrinths

~The next day~

~(Y/n)'s pov~

As Azuna, Ritsuka, and I were walking to our next class, Azuna asks, "Hey, I haven't seen your brother today, did he stay at home?" "No, Lindo said that he had an errand to run," Ritsuka answers, as she pulls a rather large looking bento out of her bag. "But he did give me this for us to share," Ritsuka says, causing Azuna to stare at our friend in shock.

"Woah, really?" "I mean if Lindo makes these lunches on normal days, your birthday meal must rock," The blonde adds, after noticing the off look on Ritsuka. Ignoring the pair think back to the events of yesterday, without realizing that I spaced out until Azuna shakes my shoulder.

"(Y/n), what's wrong, are you ok?" She asks, causing me to blink in surprise, but then quickly say, "Y-yeah, I'm perfectly ok," "Ok..." Azuna trails off looking at me unsurely, as I mentally curse myself for stuttering.

"Hey, (N/n), Azu," Ritsuka calls for us, gaining our attention, she then asks, "We're all still going to hang out on my birthday right?" "Wait, you mean you won't be too busy?" Azu asks, before realizing how 'harsh' that may of sound, quickly saying, "I mean with everything that has been going on..." "Of course not!" Ritsuka smiles, soothing our friends' worries.

As I was about to ask Ritsuka about Lindo, I get interrupted by the bell ringing. Sighing to myself, I say, "Come on, we should head to class, or we'll be late," Walking away as I hear my friends follow closely behind. With Azuna now next to me, I pause, once I stop hearing footsteps behind us. Turning around, I see Ritsuka nowhere is sight, cursing under my breath, I tell Azuna, "I'll meet you in class, I'll find Ritsu,"

Not waiting for an answer, I begin to retrace my steps, however, as I step around the corner I see Ritsuka. The girl staring at nothing, deep in thought. Carefully placing a hand on her, the brunette flinches, before realizing that I was now standing in front of her. "Ritsuka, let's go, we don't want to be late," I say, causing the girl to nod, as we both hurriedly walk towards our class.

~With the council~

~Shiki's pov~

As the other council members were doing their usual activities. The doors suddenly slammed open, Rem to walk in telling everyone. "You will stop going behind my back, I am the Arlond heir, everything with the grimoire is in my hands," "Do all of you understand that?" The demon asks as he glares at all of us.

"Sorry, Mr. Heir, but have I missed your genius plan?" Urie asks, as he drinks a cup of tea, only causing the blonde-haired to turn towards him and demand, "And what do you mean, Urie?" "You've done nothing so far, there hasn't been any progress," Urie says, setting down his cup, as Mage begins to rant, saying, "Also, you've forgotten about those damned vampires, they're not going to go away. We need to move now if we want to beat them to the Grimoire,"

Rem quickly turns his attention on Mage saying, "Those leeches aren't worth our concern," "If anything, blame yourselves for our setback," Rem adds, only making Mage laugh and say, "Next time I see (Y/n), she'll tell me everything we need to know,"

"Does little Mage have a crush, on my Hybrid?" Urie asks, a glare resting on his face while he says, "Shell never be interested in a brute like you," "Enough!" Rem slams his hands on his desk, before saying, "None of you will have her, and there will be no more acting out,"

"But don't you think that it's fair when you have that little Tachibana girl?" Urie asks, as Mage nods in agreement, adding in, "Yeah, it's not fair that you get a human, and we can't even have a chance with a hybrid," "I said that's enough," Rem glares, at the two other council members.