Chapter 10

Chapter 10: Tarantella Of Desire And Deceit

~The Next Morning~

~(Y/n)'s pov~

Feeling Ritsuka stir, I smile, as I watch her eyes flutter open. "Glad to see you awake, sleeping beauty," I tell her, as she slowly looks up to me, asking, "(Y-(Y/n)?" "Wait, where are we?" She asks, noticing that we were somewhere completely different. Chuckling at her reaction, I set down the bandages I was holding, before answering, "School,"

"What?" Ritsuka shots up, looking around the infirmary, where I brought all of us. Nodding I explain, "Well, after you fell asleep, I used my magic to teleport us here," "But I'll be back, both Lindo and you need to eat, so I'll bring back some breakfast," I realize, motioning to the passed out and nearly lifeless dhampir.

"I-I'll come too!" Ritsuka quickly exclaims, raising a brow, I ask, "Why?" "I-I mean, none of us should be alone," Ritsuka explains, looking at me nervously. Staring at the girl, I sigh, saying, "Let's go," Making the girl to jump up happily, as she eagerly pulls me out of the door.

Walking into the cafeteria, Ritsuka tries to open it because saying, "It's closed," "Don't worry, I have a key," I tell her, carefully moving her out of the way before I kick the doors open. My actions only causing Ritsuka to gasp in surprise and say, "Y-you just-" "Unlocked the doors," I finish for her, as I enter the cafeteria, not bothered by Ritsuka's reaction.

Quickly walking towards the refrigerator, I pull out multiple different sandwiches, placing them all in my arms. As I walk back to Ritsuka, I see her staring at the table where we usually always eat lunch. "Ritsuka, is everything alright?" I quietly ask as I move closer to her. Obviously not expecting me so soon, she flinches, turning around to face me. "Y-yeah, I was just startled," Ritsuka shakenly answers me, her microexpressions indicating that she's lying.

Not wanting to upset her, I nod, before we both begin to walk towards the nurse's office. On our way, Ritsuka is the first to notice that the teachers' lounge was ajar. I watch puzzled when I see the brunette call into the room, asking, "I-is anyone here?" "Ritsuka," I whisper-shout not knowing why she was stepping into the room.

"What are you doing?" I question, seeing her grab a bag of apples and water. She then stutters slightly saying, "I-I thought it would be a good idea if we have something other then sandwiches," "Well, I hope you know that there are some in the infirmary," I tell her, causing the girl to jump asking, "T-there is?"

Nodding in response, I already begin to walk away, only pausing for Ritsuka to catch up. As we walk down the halls, moving closer to the infirmary, I suddenly hear Ritsuka ask, "(Y/n), can you believe that the festival is already over?" "What?" I turn to her, looking at her confused. Seeing that she wasn't going to answer me, I say, "Yeah, I guess,"

"The festival happened just yesterday, and now it's like a ghost town here, and with everything that happened..." Ritsuka trails off, after seeing the look on my face. Not looking at the girl as I allow my hair to cover my eyes, I announce, "We should head back," "For all we know, Lindo is already up," I add, already walking away, not wanting her to see the tears brimming my eyes. "Yeah..." I hear Ritsuka quietly says, before following me down the halls again.

~With Rem~

~Rem's pov~

Standing on top of the roof of the school, I look down at the only reminder of the dance, the small golden crown. However, I then hear footsteps near me, Shiki first saying, "Well, look who we stumbled upon," Ignoring their presences, I hear Mage throw a slab of stone at me. Easily dodging the attack, I turn around hearing the hot-headed devil saying angrily, "That's a souvenir from Vienna,"