Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Bolero Of Solitude And Melancholy

~(Y/n)'s pov~

"Hello?" I call out, stepping into a familiar, yet run-down victorian home. However, no one answers, the only sound of the floorboards creaking underneath me. Yet the uneasy feeling of someone watching me leads me towards a child's bedroom.

Laying on the pillow of the bed, sat an aged stuffed bear, its right ear was torn showing its stuffing. And the jacket it worn covered in a layer of dust and cobwebs. As I looking around the room, a large full-sized mirror quickly catches my attention.

Glancing into the mirror, the murky glass not showing my reflection. Wiping the mirror with my sleeve, I stare into the glass. Instead of seeing my (E/c)-eyes, I see a female with beautiful violet-eyes and (O/h/c)-colored hair. The girl smirks, with her eyes flashing red, as she says, "It's been a while, (Y/n),"

~The Next Morning~

I shot up, my skin covered in a layer of sweat. Gasping, from the eerie nightmare I had. However, before I could dwell on it, a scream came from downstairs. Throwing my covers off of me, I quickly rush down the stairs. "What's wron-" I begin to ask, but then freeze upon seeing the scene in front of me.

My mother straddling my father, as she holds a knife at his throat. Mom then looks up, blushing once realizing the position they're in. "I-its not what it looks like!" Mom shouts, quickly getting off of him, and rambling about how she should have committed homicide on him. As Mom tries to convince me that she no longer has feelings for the egotistic male, the (O/h/c)-haired male dusts his clothing off saying, "Look at how my little (D/n) grew,"

"Actually, I'm (D/n)," I hear my younger sister say, her sudden appearance causing our father to flinch in surprise. "Did you seriously mix up your own children?" Mom asks, a scowl on her face as my sister rolls her eyes and exiting the room.

The question, causing the pureblood devil to nervously chuckle, as he says, "I knew that," "Anyways (D-(Y/n) how is school?" He quickly corrects himself, making Mom's glare to harden. "Why the hell are you even here, didn't we disown you years ago?" I finally ask, causing him to say, "N-no, not quite,"

"Then why, did you come back?" Mom asks, the question making him quickly regain his composer and ask, "Maybe we can talk things over somewhere else?" "Fine, but you only have 10-minutes, "Mom sighs after we share a look.

Without a word, we quickly walk to the living room as my father follows us. As we sit down, Mom finally asks, "Now, what is so damn important?" "The demon world," Dad sighs before explain lower-class power class demons are beginning to rebel, after learning that higher classed demons are searching for the Grimoire,"

"And within the first week of the rebellions, we already lost about 10% of our a population. And if things continue, we will lose over 80% of our population at the end of this..." Staring him in disbelief, at the news, I then hear someone ask, "So, we're going to die?"

The twins stood in the doorway, (B/n) looking at us waiting for an answer, as (G/n) grips her twins' hand. "Don't you both it's that it's rude to eavesdrop?" Mom asks, yet not bothered by their presences.

"Is it true?" My usual emotionless sister questions, as our father reluctantly nods, answering, "Yes..." "So, are you here to just tell us that we're going to die?" I ask, not trying to sound bothered by the news. (B/n) then glares at father, asking, "You never were here, so why now?"