Episode 1.4

(Previously: After the military police officers are dispatched by Botland's teammates Crysilis and Streamline, Botland grabs Commander Sable by the throat.) 

"Where's Morphaal?" Botland yelled. 

"How-how would I know?" Sable struggled to speak. "I don't know a blasted thing!" He fought in vain to break free of the firm grasp that held him. 

"Stop lying, Sable!" Botland said. "You helped revive Morphaal, and you know where he is!" He stared into Sable's eyes and lowered him to the ground, loosened his grip enough for the man to talk. 

Sable gasped for air, but his answer was the same: "It's the truth-" 

Botland tightened his grip again and slammed him against the wall a second time. With his other hand, he raised his index finger to eye level, pointing directly between Sable's eyes. It was the finger he had used to cut open the door. 

Sable couldn't breathe and panicked. Although the others spared lives, he questioned if this one had the same morals. 

"Zendora!" Sable gasped, prompting Botland to loosen his grip. "I heard rumors that he's come back from the dead and has his eyes set on the planet Zendora. That's all I know! I swear it!" 

Botland let go of his throat. "Zen-dor-a," he pronounced slowly. "I seem to recall that your son Phantom was born and raised there-a hidden planet you left behind and could never find again." 

"What do you know of that?" Sable asked, loosening the collar of his military uniform. "That's classified information. Only top officials and the Alpha Squad know about Zendora." 

"That's correct," the figure replied. 

Sable looked at Crysilis and Streamline below the steps and then back at the leader. He sighed, and his shoulders slumped, though the hate in his eyes blazed hotter than ever. "So it's true after all-the original Alpha Squad died and another took its place." He clenched his hands into fists. "Then you should know that the A.S. was derived from the SS5 organization, a group of fighters that I formed. And you should know that these policemen you knocked out are child's-play compared to them. Even Phantom, Gyro, and Vecto were part of this organization before they joined the A.S." 

"Negative," Botland corrected. 

Sable raised an eyebrow. "What?" 

"I was not a member of the SS5." 

Sable looked him over and saw an insignia appear on his chest. It was a "V" with three wavy lines crossing it. He popped his knuckles to hide his uneasiness. "Vecto? I thought you were a robot." 

"You should not always believe your eyes," Vecto replied. "You know that I can disguise myself with my shields." 

Sable studied his humanoid form. "I see you've mastered it . . . Now let me clarify some things. First of all, I had nothing to do with reviving Morphaal! The only things I know are rumors at this point. And second, I have no idea where Morphaal might be except for Zendora." 

"You're lying!" Vecto shoved him into the wall again. "Don't think I won't kill you. I don't care if you're Phantom's father. You betrayed your son . . . and now you have betrayed everyone who will suffer from Morphaal-because of you! So start talking! Where is he? Where's Zendora? And what does Morphaal want with that planet? Or have you forgotten that my Force Field Shields can suck the carbon atoms from your body?" Vecto placed his hand on Sable's chest. 

"You're insane!" Sable said. "I told you I had nothing to do with bringing Morphaal back!" He glanced at Vecto's hand on his chest, knowing he lacked to the strength to remove it, knowing that Vecto was serious. "All right, all right. Let's make a deal. I'll tell you what I know on one condition." 

Vecto lifted his hand fractionally. "That is?" 

(Is Vecto now human? What kind of deal is Sable trying to make with him? And what does Sable really know about Morphaal? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)