Episode 6.4

(Previously: Vecto forces his way through the wall barrier of the SS6 base using his shields to devour carbon and melt through it. He demands that Morphaal shows himself--to no avail.) 

The smoke cleared, and Brail saw weapons trailing behind Vecto. 

Vecto's shields bubbled through the hole in the wall as a variety of artillery followed him. His outer shield expanded as the weapons floated overhead and to his sides. 

"Now who's 187?" Vecto asked, referring to the number of high-ranked soldiers still alive after his initial onslaught. 

"Open fire!" Brail yelled. 

Streams of pulsebeams and bullets struck Vecto's shields. Two guns on each of Vecto's shoulders flipped up and pointed low. He fired quick shots at the soldiers' feet, exploding the ground underneath them, sending their body parts into the air. 

Brail switched his weapon to rapid fire and smothered Vecto with shots. His subordinates followed suit. 

"175, 174, 173." Vecto counted down the number of deaths as he fired explosive shells in the soldier's chests. 

"Fall back!" Brail yelled as he noticed the jets coming back for another pass. 

". . . 170 . . . Incoming aircraft," Vecto noted. He fired two ballistic missiles at them and continued his march of death. The aircrafts fired missiles at Vecto and barrel-rolled past the ones Vecto fired, releasing decoys to blow them up in the air. The sky brightened with bursts of flame as one of the military jets passed overhead. Then Vecto pointed his blaster over his shoulder-his head unmoving-and fired a charged shot. The blast pierced the hull of the craft, exploding it, causing the downed jet to spiral over the thick walls and crash to the wasteland surface. 

"169," Vecto continued. "168, 167." 

"There's no way!" a soldier yelled as bodies flew backward. "We can't even breach his shields!" 

"Use Cocoon Bombs and augmentation wires to hold him down," Brail ordered as he ran off. "I'll activate Project Prometheus!" 

"Yes, sir!" the soldier said and relayed the order to the others. 

A team of soldiers with full body armor and gas masks passed through the crowd and steadied their footing as the others retreated. 

In sync, they took small purple orbs from their sides and loaded them into the magazines of their guns. Soldiers fell to their deaths as the special ops team readied their weapons and fired multiple shots at Vecto. The balls shattered on Vecto's shields, releasing gas that trailed around him, enclosing Vecto in the substance. After a few seconds, the gas solidified, clinging around him in the shape of Vecto's dome shield. The remaining jet swooped by again, releasing a wired net over Vecto. It stuck to the purple substance and began to expand, forming a metal coating over Vecto's cocoon. 

Retreating soldiers stopped to look back as they noticed Vecto's offensive had ceased and realized Vecto was trapped. The leader of the special ops team waved for the others to follow as he slowly advanced. The team members kept their eyes and weapons aimed at Vecto as they scanned for his body inside the coating, hoping the cocoon had done the trick. 

(Now that Vecto is trapped, will they deliver him to Morphaal? Or is there a way Vecto can escape? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)