Episode 5.4

(Previously: Leroy Johnson tells the story about how he achieved a new power stronger than Blue Blaze called Zentou to defeat Morphaal. He couldn't handle the power so had to force his chi into the ground, which is why he can only use his power on the farm. Unfortunate for Vecto, he doesn't know where Zendora is.) 

"I said I'd tell ya about it!" Leroy yelled back, standing up as well. "All I know, ya hear, is that it's in the innerverse. Follow Abell near the Edge of Dark Ages of th' universe. Keep goin' till ya cain't see no more stars. The planet's a hide'n there, its solar system blocked by black holes." 

"Abell?" Streamline questioned. 

Jebadiah stroked his white beard and answered for him. "He means quasar CFHQS J2329-0301."  

"So basically, what you're saying is we'll pass Abell on a blind journey though the innerverse for parsecs, and we can't even see Zendora?" Vecto said. "Then what's the use? We need coordinates, not just lines on a map!" 

"Vecto." Crysilis tried to grab his attention, worried. 

"I should have known not to come here!" Vecto scolded Leroy. "I would have been better off asking Azmeck. At least he would have guessed at some specific location!" 

"Vecto!" Crysilis raised his voice. 

"Um, Vecto," Streamline also said. 

Vecto snapped his head in their direction. "What?" 

"Your transportation disk. It's on fire!" Crysilis said. 

Vecto lifted the quarter-sized disk he was twirling in his hand and gazed through the dimensional field. "No . . ." 

"That means our base on the other side is . . ." Crysilis said, aware that the disk was used to transport gunfire from their A.S. base. 

Vecto immediately patched a line through to Azul, the blue Asterite guarding their base. "Azul, do you read me? What's going on?" 

Static followed for a second before Azul's panicky voice was heard. "Master, the base. It's in flames! You've got to come, quick!" 

"10-4. Hold it together until I get there," Vecto responded, disconnecting comlink. 

"Excuse me, but I'll be heading out now," Vecto said as he made a bee-line to the door. 

"Thanks for the warm welcome," Crysilis commented as he zipped by. 

"Good meal, too," Streamline said he attached his helmet back over his head and hurried off. 

Leroy, Jebadiah, and Feit remained silent, watching as the screen door flapped in the wind. 

"Well, I'd say that went pretty well, don't cha think?" Leroy smiled. 

The two scratched their heads. 

"Oh well, let's not worry over spilt milk, now. We've got farm work to do." Leroy twisted his straw hat and stretched his arms out. He noticed that Feit and Jebadiah were unresponsive, still staring at the door past the living room. "What cha wait'n for? Chop, chop!" 

(Who or what caught the Alpha Squad base on fire? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)