Episode 5.3

(Previously: Leroy Johnson recites a legend that blue beings called Asterites created Zendora. He says that Phantom, Sable, Dr. Azmech, and the SS3 crashed on the planet, followed by Morphaal. When Morphaal was driven off the planet, Phantom and the others hitched a ride, and the coordinates to the planet were lost. Phantom created the SS4 to fight Morphaal, and even Leroy helped fight by going "Blue Blaze.") 

"Blue Blaze?" Streamline asked. 

"Yep, the power of the Zarlians, and Zarleros like me. Comes in different stages, buildin' our strength and mind to bigger levels. I came t' the point that I learned a new power: Zentou. I could use my strength of mind and body without Blue Blazin'. I took down Morphaal for the time, but my body couldn't take that new power. I hadn't no way to shut it off, and was left to die." 

"So what did you do next?" Feit asked, curious at how his sensei still survived. 

"I took my chi, channeled it, and forced it in the barren ground. Got rid of it-so I thought. Come to find out, plants began to grow, and I could use that power of mine nearby. But once I left that site, I was as weak as a doorknob." 

"So that explains it," Feit said. Like Vecto, he had wondered why Leroy never left the farm. But why would Leroy reveal his secret to them? Did he trust them that much? Wasn't he worried that someone could lure him away from the farm and kill him. 

"So ya see, Vecto, I was stuck in these parts, useless in the outside world, and couldn't fight Morphaal if I wanted to." 

"You could have tried," Vecto said, still sore at Leroy for abandoning them in their time of need. 

"I'm sorry, pal," Leroy said, lowering his head. 

Jebadiah stood up and began taking their empty plates. 

Feit still had a question lingering in his mind. "How do you know of Morphaal?" he asked Vecto. 

Vecto paused. "The Alpha Squad was formed in 3012 for the sole purpose of killing Morphaal. It was the result of a tournament held on this planet to amalgamate the finest warriors in the omniverse . . . with the secret agenda of taking down Morphaal. I was one of the core members from the start, along with Gyro and Phantom and soon Shadow." Vecto instinctively began twirling a coin-sized disk in his hand as he continued, mimicking what Chais had done earlier as if the young thief was on his mind. "We became revered, as well as feared, by many along the years, but finally put an end to Morphaal in the year 3013. Unfortunately, his presence lingered on, as projects of his were continued by others, resulting in the deaths of many valiant warriors, including my friend Gyro." 

"Pardon my asking, but is the reason you're here because Morphaal has returned from his grave?" 

"Affirmative," Vecto acknowledged. "Morphaal has been revived by Sable and now threatens the very life of this planet and universe. That mechanical overlord will do anything to get revenge for his death and now seems unusually engrossed in returning to Zendora, perhaps to gain the power he once had and lost." He turned to Leroy. "This is why it is pertinent that we find Zendora and stop him before it's too late." 

"Well said," Leroy agreed. "Yet even I don't know its true location." 

"What!" Vecto yelled and stood up. "You said-" 

"I said I'd tell ya about it!" Leroy yelled back, standing up as well. 

(What's Vecto going to do after finding out that Leroy Johnson doesn't know where Zendora is? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)