Episode 7.6

(Previously: Prometheus survives a nuclear bomb and repairs itself, resuming its fight against Vecto. It destroys parts of the base as it chases after Vecto.)

"I like what you did to the place," Vecto commented, glancing at the destruction as his shield flickered a darker shade.

"It ends now!" Brail yelled, his face still visible from the hole in the cockpit. "Hide and seek is over!" The mech launched its fist at Vecto. But Vecto remained still for a split second and quickly spun around, grabbing the fist. He slid back as he held onto the gigantic hand, then with a quick yank and turn, he snapped the arm around, breaking the joint at the shoulder. The massive arm broke off from the mech's body. Vecto spun it around and smacked the mech with it, causing Prometheus to stumble into a communication tower. He held the severed arm in the air for a second, then dropped it, allowing its immense weight to pound on the roof.

Furious, Brail ignited the machine's grand pulsesaber. Prometheus swung it down at Vecto, but the robot dodged it as it tore through the roof.

Vecto tilted his floating head. "For your information, I led you here." Missile compartments hovering at both of his sides fired projectiles at the mech. But the missiles went low and passed between the machine's legs. They instead collided with the bases of the two towers behind. With a thunderous roar, the space-communication towers tipped over, crushing against Prometheus' back, knocking the pulsesaber from its hand. The force and weight of them, coupled with the massiveness of the mech and the already existing crack in the roof, caused the roof to cave in. The mech crashed in the storage facility below, landing on huge crates, falling to its back-as debris tumbled down around it.

Vecto causally walked to the edge of the hole, snatched a triangular Vecto Bomb that was hovering around him, and tossed it below.

Brail watched as the bomb flipped in the air. His cockpit was sparking, and blood ran from his forehead. The bomb drifted toward the mech-it drifted toward him. It floated through the crack in the cockpit, landing in his lap, with the letter V and three wavy lines adorned on it. And yet sticking out from a crate beside the mech was a nuclear warhead. "Curse you!" he cried out, accepting his fate.

The storage facility exploded, shooting shards of metal into the sky. Vecto flew swiftly, outpacing the bomb's expanding blast-radius-until the 500 miles-per-hour wind struck him. He tumbled in the air and crashed into an empty terrain of mud and dirt. The ground still rumbled, even after the explosion had died. His shields flickered a dark red as he lifted his body from the mud. He looked back at the mushroom cloud towering from the explosion, his vision blurring. He took a step, stumbled, and fell.

(Is there anything left of the SS6 base? Is the battle over? Find out more in the next installment of Vecto: Vengeance!)