The Foreign Woman

"Ouch!" - His girlfriend screamed as she dropped her stack of textbooks

"Ouch!" - His girlfriend screamed as she dropped her stack of textbooks. She looked down at her bleeding finger and squealed.

Yoongi quickly picked up her textbooks and set them on her desk before grabbing a tissue and wrapping it around her cut finger.

"It stings!!" She squeals, even more dramatic then before.

Sitting at my own desk across the room, I look over my shoulder to see her distraught face and pouty lips. Yoongi searches for a band-aid in her desk drawers while she remains stuck in the same spot. Unamused by the situation, I turn back around in my seat and continue typing on my laptop.

"I got you... you should be more careful," I hear Yoongi say. She wouldn't know careful if it bit her in the butt. She stays breaking things, dropping things, hurting herself, being problematic, etc.

"I'm so flustered and stressed," she cries out once more. "And I have to use the restroom really bad!"

I hear Yoongi's soft chuckle. "Go to the restroom, babe. I'll pack your backpack for class, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you!" She leaves the room - FINALLY - and the air is filled with silence. There is only the tapping of keyboard keys. I hear Yoongi stuff her textbooks into her bag and zip it up, then he chuckles again.

"She's been like this the whole week, but today is worse," Yoongi says. I assume he's talking to me, after all there's no one else in the room. I turn around in my swivel chair and grin, attempting to hide the fact that I don't care about his girlfriend's problems.

"Yeah?"

"She has two finals and then a job interview right afterwards. She's been complaining about it the whole week," Yoongi explains as he rubs the back of his neck.

"Wow."

Yoongi eyes me and nods. "Yeah... I bet she's been talking your ear off, huh?" He rests his bum against his girlfriend's bed while clasping his hands together.

"Nah..." I reply.

Yoongi nods. Then, I catch him glancing at my laptop screen. "What are you working on?"

I roll my eyes and sigh. "Our assignment for Music Theory."

"Oh! What are you doing your research on?" Yoongi asks, looking slightly interested.

"I'm looking up typical production for hip-hop songs and then I'm gonna compose a beat."

"Ahh, you're doing hip-hop too."

"Of course," I confidently reply. Hip-Hop is everything, from the clothes, the music, the dance, the art! As a Black American, it's a part of my culture and I embrace every facet of it. "What are you doing?" I ask him.

"I'm researching the typical instruments used in hip-hop beats. I'm more excited about composing a song though." Yoongi's eyes lit up at the mention of composing. I can tell this boy really loves music.