The Foreign Woman (4)

"So

"So... what kind of topics do you like to write about?" Hoseok asks an intrigued Afua. They were holding a spot for everyone in the food court while others were ordering their meals. They sat on opposite sides of the table, both with folded arms resting on the table between them.

Afua beams; she loved talking about her work. Especially with a cute guy. "Well, lots of things honestly. But usually I write about the Black experience across nations and occasional political stuff."

Hoseok nods, seeming interested. "Oh, that's nice. What do you want to do with your major?"

"I'd love to have my own broadcasting company, or TV show written and produced by me. I just wanna present important but exciting topics to people; keep them notified without scaring them or using big words. Just keeping it real and down-to-earth." Afua grins while tilting her head, earning a smile from her new friend.

"Wow. You have big dreams, that's good," Hoseok replies with a huge smile and teasing eyes.

"Big dreams for a big girl. What about you? What kinda dancing are you into?"

They share their interests for a few more minutes as people occasionally glance at the couple. Soon, Y/N, Yoongi, and Namjoon make it to the table with their trays of savory food.

--

Y/N POV

"Food's here! Kimchi fried rice for you, KFC for me," I announce while setting our meals on the table and taking the seat next to Afua. She grabs her bowl as I hug my box of assorted chicken.

"Thanks, unnie!" Afua claps silently while looking down at her food.

Namjoon sits across the table directly in front of me as Yoongi takes a seat beside him. The smell of their bulgogi bowls is intoxicating. Or maybe I'm just really hungry.

I open my box, eyes wide as I lean down to smell the banana, melon, and strawberry flavored chicken wings.