21.

I leaned into his soft kiss, never thinking I would ever be in this situation with Nick.

"Oh my god." I heard somebody speak.

We quickly pulled away and noticed Danielle was starring at us. She ran off back inside. Out of all people it had to be her.

"I'm sorry." Nick said with a sorry expression.

"It's fine." I gave him a smile. "Was that what you were so frustrated about?" I asked. He took my hand in his and looked into my eyes.

"Actually, I wanted to ask you." He stopped for a second.

"Ask me what?" I said.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He nervously said. A small smile came on my face.

"Of course I will Nick." I jumped on him giving him a hug. He hugged back with a huge smile on his face.

"Well now that you're mine I can kiss you all I want." He gave me another kiss with a small smile. I kissed him back.

We both let out a laugh. "Has anyone told you that you're a good kisser?" Nick winked. "Well I haven't kissed anyone in a whole so I haven't heard that." I giggled.

"Well I just want you to know that you're the best kisser." He said.

"Why thank you." I said in an accent making us both laugh.

____________________

We walked back home without telling the others that we had both left. We were walking holding hands the whole way back.

As we entered the house there was a light on. We entered and everyone was sitting in the couch. They all looked at us. It was like coming in late into a class and everyone looks at you.

"Woah hold on. Why are you two holding hands?" Kevin said pointing at us.

I looked at Nick and he looked back at me.

"Weren't all of you still at the party?" Nick tried to change the subject.

"Danielle said you two had left so we came home but it looks like you weren't here." Kevin explained.

"Why would she lie?" Howie furrowed his eyebrows.

"Isn't that what she's good at?" I spoke.

Brian made a coughing noise. "I'm right here you know." He said looking at me.

"Well no duh. This is about Danielle not you." Aj casually said.

"Mary and I are girlfriend and boyfriend now." Nick blurted out.

"What?" Kevin said shocked.

"KNEW IT!" Howie yelled.

"Yes it's true." I confirmed.

"Never in a million years did I ever think that Nick would actually be in a relationship." Aj said laughing. I chuckled.

"Ha ha very funny." Nick said in a mimicking tone.

"Was there kissing involved?" Howie said wiggling his eyebrows.

"How did Nick manage to ask you?" Kevin chuckled.

"I bet he couldn't let his words come out and was stuttering." Aj said making a bet.

"I think I'm going to bed." I ignored all their questions and ran to my room before they could ask anything else.

Before I closed my door I could hear Nick trying to give them answers but was failing miserably because they would come up with more questions.

I laughed just hearing them. I went into my closet and changed into a shirt and shorts. I took off all my makeup and made my hair into a bun. I layed on my bed thinking about earlier.

I took a deep breath processing everything. I was about to turn off my lights right when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said loud enough for them to hear. Brian came in and closed the door behind him.

"Hey Brian what's up?" I asked.

"Why?" He sat on the edge of my bed.

"Why what?" I asked confused.

"Why'd you say yes to Nick?" He looked at me.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Out of all people why him?" He said looking away.

"Why are you asking me this?"I asked.

"You can't be with him."

"So you can date whoever you want but I can't?"

"That's not what I meant." He looked up at the wall.

"Well me and Nick are going to be in a happy relationship." I stated.

"Be honest. Did you say yes to him because you really like him? Or did you say yes because you didn't want to hurt his feelings?" He gave me one last look and walked out my room.