27.

We were waiting in line so the guys can start singing. There were a lot of people.

"I didn't think there would be this many people." I said. "Eh." Aj shrugged.

We were the fifth ones in line so we didn't have to wait so long. Thank god for that. I hate waiting in line for so long.

"It's getting hot in here." Howie said waving himself with his hands for air. "It's cause I'm here." Kevin gave us a cheeky smile.

"No it's because there are a lot people here." Howie said pointing at everyone in line. "No duh captain obvious." Brian rolled his eyes.

"You guys are next." I said excited. We went inside a little room. Before Nick went up the small stage he pulled me aside.

"This is for luck." He gave me a quick but passionate kiss. "Can you do that when we're not around." Howie said interupting wanting Nick to go.

"We're going to sing a silly love song which just to make it clear, I'm not good at love songs." Brian said. The man and woman that were judging them chuckled.

"Are you going to be singing as well?" The woman asked me. "Oh no, I'm just here with them." I replied. She nodded her head and gave her full attention to the boys.

"Whenever you're ready." The man said getting comfortable in his chair.

The boys all nodded to each other making sure they were ready.

____________________

I know when he's been on your mind,

That distant look is in your eyes,

I thought with time you'd realize it's over, over,

It's not the way I choose to live
But something somewhere's got to give,

A share in this relationship gets older, older,

You know I'd fight for you but how can I fight someone who isn't even there?

Had the rest of you now I want the best of you,

I don't care if that's not fair,

Cause I want it all, or nothing at all,

There's nowhere left to fall,

When you reach the bottom it's now or never
Is it all?

Or are we just friends? Is this how it ends?

With a simple telephone call
You leave me here with nothing at all,

____________________

The room was silent for a moment.

"We'll call you, thank you for coming." The woman broke the silence and smiled.

We left the room in silence.

"Mary how do you think we did?" Aj asked.

"Honestly. I think you guys were amazing." I replied honestly.

"I hope we get a call back. Only the people that were good actually get called" Aj explained.

"Now what?" Brian asked. "We play the waiting game." Kevin said.

____________________

The next day we were all hanging out at the beach when Aj started getting happy and fist bumped the air. I laughed at him. "Now what?"