25.

-One year later-

"No no no it's all wrong." Aj was frustrated that none of the boys were singing in sync. They either started too early or too late.

"Aj you need to calm down." Howie placed an arm on his shoulder. "This has to be perfect." Aj removed Howie's hand like it had a zombie infection.

"I don't want to be a singer." Brian said. "What? You have a beautiful voice." I said.

Nick made a coughing noise. "You too Nick." I gave him a small smile which he returned.

"I'll sing whatever you want me too just give me something." Nick said.

"Ok well have fun I'm going to my room." Brian got up his seat and headed to his room.

"We need Brian he has a good voice."Howie said. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Mary can you convince him to come back?" Kevin said. "Why me? You're his cousin." I said back.

"He'll most likely do something if you're the one that brings it up." Aj said.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh really?" I crossed my arms.

"Oh yes he will." Howie said with a smirk but quickly looked away.

I gave him a glare. "Fine." I quickly made my way upstairs and into Brian's room.

"Knock Knock." I entered his room.

"What now?" Brian sighed.

"The boys made me come up here and convince you to go back and sing." I was honest. I just wanted to get this over with. I hated trying to make him do something he didn't want to do.

"I'll think about it. How's that for an answer?" He responded. "That's good." I gave him a thumbs up and left.

____________________

I was on my computer listening to music just looking at my social media when there was a knock at my door.

"Come in."

Kevin came in the room.

"Mary there's an emergency." Kevin sounded terrified.

"Where?" I asked.

"At the park. Nick fell off the swing and hit his head. He hasn't moved since." Kevin explained.

"Nick fell of a swing?" I tried to hold my laughter. "Who falls off a swing?" I raised an eyebrow.

"This is Nick we're talking about. Anything is possible with him." He shrugged. I laughed.

I put on my shoes and quickly ran to the park.

It's literally across our home so it wasn't far. I found it odd that Kevin was taking me to the back of the park. Basically the field where it's covered with trees.

"Go on." Kevin motioned to go into the trees. On the other side there was just a small field. Couples would go in there for picnics or dates.

"I thought you said he was at the swings?" I said confused. "Just go in." Kevin sighed.

I slowly went in and was surprised at what I saw.

Nick was standing there in the middle of a heart shaped with roses. There was some candles as well. Since it was already dark out it looked beautiful.

A huge smile came into my face.

"What's this for?" I walked to him.

"What do you mean?" He frowned.

"This seems a bit romantic. I didn't know you were romantic." I said.

"Kevin helped." He said guilty. I laughed and nodded.

"What's the occasion?" I asked. He seemed surprised.

"It's Valentines." He said shocked.

"That's today? I totally forgot. No one mentioned it." I said.

"Just one year ago we were at a school dance today." Nick said.

"Time flies." I said remembering back at the memory.

"So can I have this dance?" He curtsied down giving me his hand.

I laughed and accepted it.

We started to dance. We laughed as we kept stepping on each others foot. We weren't the best dancers but we tried. Even though we had a dance class we still couldn't get it right.

"I didn't get you anything." I said in a sad tone.

"As long as you're with me, I don't want anything else." Nick said giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"You're so sweet." I smiled hugging him.

____________________

Happy Valentines Day to you all! I hope you have or had a good time. ❤️