Chapter 2

Dawn. Gradually, the light of the rising sun filtered through the mouth of the cave. The crystals inside twinkled, reflecting the light brightly into Black Talon's eyes. Slowly, he opened them, sides rising and falling as he breathed at a calm rate. Squinting, he stifled a small yawn, and got up. He still wasn't too sure of how he would tell his three friends about before, but he had promised to do so, and would come up with something somehow. Itching his feathered head, he stretched his legs, then moved out of the cave, into the forest.

Small insects buzzed around plants dotted with morning dew. Black Talon strode on, thinking about Fleet Claw, Razor Feather and Thorn Tooth. He could still vividly remember when he first met them- meeting them was what helped him integrate into the pack life...

---

'Why did you protect us?' Quick Blade, the pack leader, asked Black Talon, who stood triumphantly on the carcass of a dead Dakotaraptor. Other raptors watched, still in a state of shock from the attack of the crazed Dakotaraptor, who had been brought down by the mysterious rogue Acheroraptor.

'My name is Black Talon, and I want to join your pack!' He announced, standing tall. 'I am a rogue, but I have been searching for a pack for a long time. I brought down this aggressive Dakotaraptor to show you my strength, to prove to you that I can be useful! Please accept me!'

Quick Blade tilted his head, curiously. 'I cannot accept you quite yet, but I will allow you to stay around this territory if you agree to help us with hunts and looking after young. I may or may not accept you depending on how you act within this clan. Just know that if you dare harm any of us, we will kill you without hesitation.'

'I accept that.'

Quick Blade nodded his head. 'Good. Now please, get off that carcass. I have a pack to feed.'

Black Talon pounced off, somewhat reluctantly. Quick Blade moved forwards and began to eat, but none of the other raptors joined him until he swished his tail to the left. Then, the others all moved to him to join in, all except three of them- one red, one silver, one brown. They were staring at Black Talon as if he was some kind of fascinating new creature. Black Talon stared back.

'Hello!' Fleet Claw blurted out. Thorn Tooth nudged her suddenly, as if trying to make her keep quiet. Fleet Claw gently kicked him back.

'It's Black Talon, right?' She asked, turquoise eyes glinting.

'Yes.'

'You're a rogue, aren't you?' (Razor Feather)

'I was.'

'Why are you covered in so many scars? That's kind of weird... are you aggressive or something??' (Fleet Claw)

'No. Life is just cruel.'

'Huh. So, were there any rules when you were a rogue?' (Fleet Claw)

'No. Please, use your common sense.'

The three suddenly snorted, but managed to hold in what would have been a sudden burst of laughter.

'Do you know anything about pack rules?' (Thorn Tooth)

'No. I am going to need assistance with that.'

'We can help!' (Fleet Claw)

Black Talon looked at the three distastefully. They seemed very eager to know more about him, which was a bit strange. The only one who seemed a bit unsure was Thorn Tooth, but the other two seemed extremely trusting.