Chapter 17: The Room

The room was darkened with only LED strips illuminating the edges of the aisle, the main room itself was filled with an eerie silence as if the rooms were sound proof and not a sound ever escaped them. The young couple though stood on the side of the aisle, when Kelsey closed the door behind them and walked over to one of the private cabins. James and Clare followed her and watched as she put a key in a set of doors and parted them from each other.

Turning back to them with a smile, Kelsey gestured for Clare and James to enter and take a look around. The now opened room was the only source of light other than the LED strips, as they peered inside the compact room. As they did so, they quickly realized why this was for only the higher class individuals.

Along the side of the plane, the room had two windows, and on the roof, there was a circular skylight not very big but still exposed them to the sky above. On another wall, there were two luxury seats that turned into individual beds, and on the adjacent wall, there were two TV screens. It was the definition of flying in Luxury.

"Wow," James and Clare both managed to murmur as they stared at their new home for the next nineteen hours. "Umm, I don't know what to say, other than thank you."

"No need guys, we accommodate as much as we can, just don't get too wild in here."

"We won't."

Clare happily smiled at Kelsey one last time, before pulling James into the room, as the door closed behind them to give the angsty couple some privacy. Now being sealed in, they realized the room wasn't very tall, and the two had to crouch down slightly the deeper they got into it because of the plane's fuselage. The doors made a locking noise, and they knew that they were now truly alone and Clare dropped James' hand.

With a coy grin, Clare began rocking back and forth with her hands behind her back. As James looked at her and knew something was going on inside her head but he just couldn't tell what it was. That's when she began to saunter over to James and stared into his eyes before wrapping her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. His eyes widened as their lips met, and he was shocked by what she was doing.

Trying to break away, James failed as Clare held her ground and started to lean away slightly which pulled James with her to keep them connected and made the kiss last. He had no choice, and gave up trying to get out of this loving embrace, and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her back, touching her tongue with his during the process. In shock by the unexpected touch both of their tongues retracted but yet they still maintained the kiss.

What seemed like a romantic eternity passed, until Clare finally backed away and only a small strand of saliva was the only thing keeping them connected. Looking into each other's eyes, James could see that Clare was drunk on love as her glazed over stare continued to burn into him. He figured his eyes were probably not much better as he pulled away now breaking the strand.

"What was that for?"

"For being an amazing fake husband or fiancé or whatever."

"I just got us a free suite, that can't possibly be that great."

"Twenty-one thousand to be exact."

James' eyes lit up as the number went in one ear and out the other, as the shock almost took him off his feet. He did what he could to comprehend the number but all he was able to muster was a babbling mess as he looked at Clare.

"You mean like two, one, zero, zero right?"

"Add an extra zero."

"Holy shit are you serious? It's that much?"

"Yep and you got us in for free."

He was shaken up by hearing what he had just done and fell back into one of the airplane's seats, his eyes completely wide as the thought kept running through his mind. Seeing this, it didn't take long for Clare to sit down next to him in the other chair and lean over to gaze at him with her hand in his hand.

"You okay?"

"Yea, just wow."

"Wow what?"

"Wow, we actually make a good couple."

"Was there ever any doubt?"

She leaned even further forward and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before she started to scavenge the room. While she did that, James turned to the TV and started scrolling through the movies. A few minutes later, was when the sound of scavenging had stopped, and Clare had opened a drawer on a little table like apparatus on the side of the chair and immediately went wide-eyed.

"Uh James?"

"Hmm."

Turning to face the bent over girl he could see something hanging out of her hand. She sat on one of the chairs, and it took a minute, but like Clare's, James' eyes quickly lit up to see the small square tear away packets all connected."

"Jesus, Clare are those-"

"Condoms, yea that's what it looks like."

At a loss for words, James blankly stared at her and then at the room around him. Then he looked back at Clare who seemed to catch on to what was going through James' mind.

"Oh my god, you don't think?"

"How about we don't think, let's not think and just put this all behind us."

"Do you think Kelsey and Chris think we're in here-"

"Clare! Just put them away and sit back down."

"Yea, okay."

Relieved that he seemed to be able to convince her, James turned back to the TV while Clare placed the condoms back into the compartment but only after breaking one off and sneakily sliding it into her pocket.  Returning to her spot next to James, she hoped he didn't see anything, but he appeared to be oblivious as he kept scrolling through the in-flight entertainment.