Chapter 31: Betrayal

The drive that had once felt like twenty minutes had now been mentally reduced to seconds, as James pulled up to the gated communities entrance and quickly typed in the number. The gate jogged in place before finally beginning to swing open and providing him with the chance to speed in.

There was no searching this time, as James headed straight for her apartment complex. He threw the car into park and ran to the door. As he went to grab the handle he was surprised when it started moving forward since it was already open and it swung into the house. The apartment was silent, as the creek from the door disappeared, and the only thing out of the ordinary was a light coming from the bedroom.

James cautiously entered the house, pushing the door the rest of the way open through the still empty halls with no sign of Nathan. That's when he looked down and saw streaks of blood leading to the bedroom and then suddenly stopped. He took one last deep breath before turning around the corner to reveal the sickening scene that was waiting for him.

Turning the corner, he wasn't prepared for what he saw next. Hannah was sitting at the head of the bed with her back turned to James. She sat there looking over her shoulder in a fancy red dress that zipped up from the back, except the back hadn't been zipped up and left her bare skin exposed to him.

The shoulder straps of the dress had already been pulled down her arms, and one movement would have exposed her to an extent any boy in love would lose his mind for. He then noticed at the end of the bed was a familiar looking purple square packet, and looking even further down, all over the ground was what James could only assume was Hannah's underwear which led him to the reality that she had nothing on under the dress.

Walking further into the room, he remained hesitant in case this was all a trap. Yet the seductive smile on Hannah's face kept calling him forward until he was standing at the edge of the bed.

"Hey, James. Glad you could join me."

"Hannah, what's going on? Where's Nathan?"

"Isn't it obvious James, I want you to be mine."

Hannah's eyes focused on the purple packet that Clare had lost earlier when she consoled her on the floor, and it just so happened to slip out of her pocket.

"Hannah you're not in your right mind."

"But I am James. I never forgot about our first kiss."

The words drove into James' heart like a dagger, and viciously cut up his love for Clare as the words twisted and turned in his head.

"We were ten."

"We were in love, and I notice the way you look at me. I know you're not sure about you and Clare and whether or not its what you truly want or if you're just accepting it because it's convenient."

"We're just a new couple."

"Exactly. New. You don't have anything together yet."

"I can't-"

"Please James, I want you so bad. I've saved myself for you for all these years. I want you to be my first."

Hannah finally turned all the way around, as her dress barely clung onto her chest while she crawled sexually to the end of the bed and picked the condom up between her index and middle fingers and waved it back and forth to tease him which in turn broke his will to be loyal to Clare. His heart wouldn't stop thumping, as his dream, no his fantasy was right there in front of him, and she was right he had only started loving Clare that day, but his crush for her had been planted long ago.

"Kiss me James."

She extended her lips out as James broke and lunged at the girl finally kissing her again after all these years. It was like a warp in time to when they were kids, the sparks reignited and started crackling between the two of them until Hannah pulled away and started pulling off James' clothes. He happily allowed it until he was only left in his boxers, and Hannah bit her lip as she stared at the fresh body in front of her. James was more impressive then she could've imagined before she kissed him again.

"I love you, James."

"I love you too Hannah."

"Say why don't you go freshen up in the washroom for a minute, while I slip out of these clothes and get under the covers."

"Alright, I'll be right back."

"I'll be waiting."

James leaned back from Hannah and walked over to the bathroom, forgetting entirely about the blood stains and the opened door and...the bruise. However, with only sex on his mind, he entered the bathroom, and Hannah knew she'd only have a few seconds, Hannah grabbed her phone and James' from his pants. Working quickly she started texting Clare.

Guess your boyfriend isn't as loyal as you thought.

She sent the message with a photo of James' clothes and both of their underwear to her right after, even though the boxers came from Nathan, as Clare responded.

What the hell Hannah, what are you and James doing?

As Clare sent her the message, a video came back from Hannah as a response. She opened the video to see Hannah holding the purple packet and watched as she shoved a pin through it and then pulled it back out. Which was then followed by yet another message.

I'm going to have James' baby, he'll never be able to leave me.

Hannah, you're insane, why are you doing this?"

Because I always get what I want.

The text conversation came to an end, as Hannah sent the final message while still having some time to spare. She picked up James' phone and unlocked it immediately as Clare sent him a message that Hannah was already anticipating.

James tell me it isn't true.

Knowing that she had the upper hand, Hannah went to text her back but was distracted by the photo of Clare in the bubble next to the message. She clicked on the picture and the full photo popped up from the night that she had gotten out of the shower and was only wearing a towel.

A burning sensation started to run through Hannah's veins as she stared at the photo of her cousin, then the date popped up revealing that it was taken before they actually started dating. Was this jealousy? Could I actually be jealous of my outcast cousin? Hannah thought to her self before hearing movement at the bathroom door.