Chapter 27: Don't Touch That

As small framed as Clare was, she definitely had some strength that Jame's was not expecting as her hands wrapped around his and moved them up above his head away from her shirt.

"Sorry."

"Don't ever do that again, do you understand?"

"Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Yes, I understand."

"Good boy."

She let go of his hands as she removed the rest of her lips away from his and rolled off of him. Still slightly scared of her, James laid there motionless, while Clare got off the bed and threw the shirt at him before she pulled out her phone. Knowing deep down that he had screwed up, James threw on his shirt and followed Clare into the bathroom and saw her fixing her hair in the mirror.

As she pulled on a strand of hair, she saw him walk in behind her before wrapping his arms around her waist and placed his chin on her shoulder. A smile crossed her face as she looked at the two of them in the mirror, yet James still felt like he had to make it up to her. Kissing her on the cheek, caused Clare to turn her head to kiss him back.

The kiss didn't last very long between them, as Clare went back to getting ready. James didn't move and just continued to observe, when out of his peripherals Clare looked over at him.

"What are you doing?"

"Watching."

"You look fascinated though?"

"I just have never seen how a ponytail is made before."

"Seriously?"

"Yea it's stupid, I know."

"No, it's cute when you're silly."

She went back to doing her hair, and James lifted his head off her shoulder when she started to apply her makeup. He watched for a few minutes more before something else caught his eye on the corner of the counter.

"What's this?"

With her eyeliner still in hand, she couldn't stop him as he reached for the orange pill bottle that she had forgotten to hide from him.

"Don't touch that."

It was to late though, her words were of no use as James was already grabbing the bottle and reading the label on the side of it. Clare put the eyeliner down and tried to walk around James to get out of the bathroom, not sure how he was going to react when he learned what the pills were. Except James stopped her and pulled her in close to him, in a warming embrace.

"These are-"

"Anti-depressants."

"Yea are you?"

"Yea."

"Like bad?"

"Yes."

The whole thing had hit a nerve with Clare as she tried to fight back the tears, but it was no use now. The man she loved now knew her darkest secret. Tears came out like a flood wrecking all of the work she had just put into doing her makeup. However, to her surprise, James didn't seem to be phased. Instead, he held her tighter against himself, while she thought it would have been the opposite believing that he would now try to distance himself from her like everyone else had.

She didn't understand why he was doing all of this, and that made it worse as her body started to convulse, and James knew that she had a problem, but yet he couldn't let go of her not yet at least. It wasn't until she felt a drop of something fall on her cheek, which was then followed by convulsions that weren't hers and she looked up at James who was now in tears as well. Clare sniffed back some of her sadness and her arms wrapped around him trying to match his tightness in an attempt to comfort him.