04.

Xander was helping Jessica with her homework when the doorbell rang. He'd called Ayden earlier to inform him yet again of Jessica's whereabouts. He sounded busy on the other end of the line.

Xander gave Jessica instructions on a math problem before he answered the door. Ayden was standing on the other side, huffing for breath.

Xander granted him entrance and they made way to the living area. Xander has yet to get out of his suit. He was too busy with Jessica that he forgot.

"I'm sorry," Ayden apologized. He started packing up Jessica's things. "I got caught up with work."

Xander stood to the side as Ayden scrambled around the room. Jessica gave him an apologetic look.

"Again I'm sorry for intruding. I'll make sure she doesn't do anything like this again."

"Its fine," Xander said, placing both hands on Ayden's shoulders. It did the job of causing him to calm down. "Relax."

Ayden ran a hand through his blond hair before taking a seat. Xander told Jessica of a chocolate stash he had in the kitchen. He made sure it was in reach before he sent her off. Xander then sat beside Ayden. He didn't know where to start. The younger man saw himself as a problem.

Truthfully Xander enjoyed their company. They were refreshing and new - something he definitely needed. Xander didn't know how to convey such a thing. If Ayden wanted to leave and he never saw Jessica again. All Xander had to do was accept such faiths that life offered him.

He could hear his father telling him to fight for what he wants. Was fighting for a two day relationship between strangers - well at this point he supposed he could call them acquaintances- worth it?

"I'm sorry for intruding yet again," Ayden apologized once more. "I don't know why Jess keeps coming here."

"I already told you that it,s okay." Xander allowed himself to relax in the couch. "Onto more important things," Xander glanced at the younger man to see him staring ahead aimlessly. Even at such angle he found him to still remain beautiful. "Work's keeping you busy"

"There's just a lot of events going on plus I have classes to teach," Ayden allowed himself to relax in the couch beside Xander. It was a long day at work for him. He was so busy that he didn't have the chance to have lunch.

Xander didn't think the life of a makeup artist would be so hectic. His days at work didn't compare. Maybe because he just sat around a computer all day. While he came home with energy to spare, Ayden had the life drained from him. He also had Jessica to worry about. Xander hoped his future life would not take a toll on him.

Xander's mind then wondered to Lisa. Ayden seemed tired and he didn't want to push his friends request just yet. In a little more time he could ask him.

"Why don't you stay over?" Xander found himself asking. It was a spur of the moment question and Ayden was taken back.

"I couldn't possibly," he started waving his hands dismissively in the air.

"It would be convenient. I could take Jessica to school and even pick her up. You could get all the rest you need," Xander tried persuading him.

Ayden looked at him. Xander had hit him with a question he didn't know how to answer. The older man didn't seem to be giving up anytime soon. Jessica walked into the room with three bars of chocolate. Xander took this opportunity.

"Jessica would you like to sleep over?"

Her eyes beam with excitement. She started jumping up and down, her pony tail dancing along with her. "Yes!" Her reply came immediately. She turned to her father and asked. "Can we daddy?"

Ayden looked between them both. He sigh then outstretched his arms for Jessica. "Only for tonight," he caved in. Xander was right about using Jessica as a way to let the younger man stay over. 

"I bought chocolate for everyone," Jessica pulled away from her dad. She handed Xander one, gave one to her father and kept one for herself.  

Ayden immediately ate his. Xander stuffed his into his pocket telling Jessica he would eat it later. He then got about showing them the guest room. It was right next to his own. He told Ayden he could look in his closet for a change of clothes.

"I haven't even returned the ones from before," was what Ayden said.

"You haven't picked up the clothes you and Jessica left the other night. I could throw them in the laundry and you could wear them tomorrow. How does that sound?"

Ayden hesitated but nodded. Here he was troubling the older man again. He had to repay him somehow.

Xander took a quick shower after doing the laundry. He placed them in the dryer then went about preparing a meal for all of them to eat. Ayden and Jessica were still in their room. 'Maybe their just settling for the night. This isn't their home after all. Ayden was still adjusting the last time I saw him' Xander thought as he peeled the potatoes.

Life after work was changing little by little. Xander was enjoying himself. Instead of gloomy,old, boring days. They were now filled with different tasks and people. Ones that made his house feel a little like a home.

EDITED