13.

"Now close your eyes," Jessica said, applying eye-shadow onto Xander.

She brushed the blue power over his eyelids several times. Lisa sat and watched as her coworker gets his makeup done by a ten year old. She'd never though a day like this would come and to be honest neither had Xander. But of course he caved in when Jessica gave him the puppy eyes - A pout and puppy eyes were just the way to get Xander to do your bidding. 

For the past twenty minutes Jessica had been putting all her effort into Xanders makeup and she was ready. "Done!" she beamed.

Xander fluttered his eyes open after which he was greeted with an amused Lisa trying desperately to hold back her laughter. The doors toward Ayden's class opened and his students poured out. It didn't take long for Ayden to exit the room.

At the sight of Xander he also tried to hold back his laughter. Jessica ran towards him with a small mirror. He swallowed hard then looked at himself. "How does it look?" Jessica held a curious expression.

Xander was truly at a loss for words. He looked... There was no way to describe it. Just what had he gotten himself into. His face was unrecognizable. Looking at Jessica he wouldn't dare to express the horror he was feeling. "You did a job well done," Xander praised.

Jessica by far did a better job than Xander ever could. "Lend me your phone daddy," Ayden handed her his phone. Jessica took a photo of Xander. Then one of both of them.

Maybe now Xander could understand why Ayden had makeup on the first day they met. Their relationship had improved since them. Xander smiled at his progress.

"You look wonderful," Lisa teased. "A magnificent piece of art."

"Can't you just go on with your wedding plans," Xander signed. He needed the attention off him for a minute. It was his own fault for agreeing with Jessica's request.

Ayden flashed him an apologetic smile. "Are you Lisa?" he walked to the seat just next to Lisa's.

"Yes the wedding girl," she smiled. "You must be Xander's friend."

"Ayden," he extended an arm.

Lisa took it and while shaking her expression became one of curiosity. "I feel like I've seen you somewhere before."

Xander thought there was no way for her to know Ayden. "I don't think we've met before..." Ayden furrowed his brow. He got many different customers daily. She could've possibly been one that he'd forgotten.

Lisa took her phone out, fiddling with it before showing it to Ayden, who seemed to also realize her reason. Xander scouted over to see what Lisa was showing him.  

"The Ayden L." She grinned from ear to ear. "The makeup guru for all women there is."

"Guilty," Ayden chuckled.

Xander was at a loss. "Make up guru?"

Lisa rolled her eyes. "Your friends with him yet you didn't know," she handed her phone to Xander. "Ayden here is a well known makeup artist."

Xander was at a loss for words again. Ayden was a popular makeup artist and he didn't have the slightest clue. He would notice how people would stare at Ayden but Xander thought it was mainly due to his outstanding features.

Lisa took her phone back. "As much as I would love to bask in your amazing-ness. I have to discuss the important matter at hand." She looked at Xander. "If Xander had told me who you were earlier I would've requested you long time ago."

"Xander's not to blame," Ayden defended him. "I will certainly be your makeup artist," Ayden agreed without much thought. "If a situation arises and I have to cancel. Felix will take my place. He's as good as me," Ayden assured her.

Mission accomplished. Lisa beamed with excitement before excusing herself to make a phone call.

"Let's get you cleaned up," Ayden said to Xander. He led him into the room from before. 

Xander took a seat while Ayden went to grab something to remove his makeup. Xander could only guess what it was. When Ayden stood before him he said. "Makeup guru," Xander felt dejected knowing that Lisa a stranger knew more than he did.

"I didn't tell you because I thought it wasn't important," Ayden explained. "At first I thought you knew but then I realized you didn't."

Xander looked out the glass wall. Seeing Jessica playing with Lisa. "My sister is having my nephew's birthday party next week.You and Jessica should come."

"She would love that."

Ayden had removed most of the makeup. It wasn't until he got to removing the lipstick from Xander's lip did they truly become aware of each others presence. Ayden slowly removed the layer of red. Xander stared intently at the younger man. Ayden really tried to look away.

A sudden urge of impulse ran throw Xander's veins. This feeling was more than admiration. Hoisting himself from the seat. He became a inch away from Ayden's face. Looking at his familiar pink lips, he knew there was one thing he wanted to do.

Seeing Ayden squinting his eyes closed. Xander retreated. He couldn't read the other expression. Was it even okay to do it?

Ayden opened his eyes to look at Xander. "Is it finished?" Xander asked.  

'Maybe I'll try it again a next time' 

EDITED