09.

Xander peered through the window of the coffee shop and there were indeed couples everywhere. Signs and posters depicting all the treats and items that sold. Xander had never been to an event like this before. Now that he was standing outside the coffee shop, still thinking about the fact that only couples could enter, his mind wondered to Ayden. The younger mans blushing made him blush as well. Ayden and him being a couple, such a thing hadn't crossed his mind until then.

He indeed found Ayden attractive. The weird increase of his heartbeat whenever he saw him. The feeling was unlike anything. "Should we go somewhere else?" Ayden asked, breaking Xander from his chain of thoughts. "Or maybe cancel?"

Xander saw a look of disappointment in Ayden's eyes. He couldn't bare to see him so sad. The older man had snaked his arm around his waist, startling an unsuspecting Ayden. Pulling him closer. Xander was even surprised by his own action. His unusual boldness due to Ayden's affiliation with him.

"W-What are you doing?" Ayden stuttered. This was the most physical contact they'd had. To say Ayden was enjoying the closeness would be an understatement. He feared that he'd have a heart attack due to the rapid increase of his heart beat.

"Being a couple," Xander said confidently but behind all that confidence he was nervous and hoped Ayden didn't notice his trembling fingers. Xander was also enjoying the closeness. How his hands rested on Ayden's small waist. Xander might've just died happy right then. "You wanted to come here. So let's go inside"

"Yes I did -" before Ayden could finish. Xander was already pulling him towards the entrance. The small bell chimed above as they entered.

Ayden unconsciously clung to Xander due to nervousness. The air was lively and various couples were eating, talking or clinging to each other. Some were even having some light make out sessions making Xander avert his gaze. It then landed on Ayden's pink lips. "What am I doing!?" Xander screamed internally. Looking at Ayden's lips, he unconsciously licked his own.

"Welcome to our couples event." A waitress welcomed them. She handed them a purple and white menu. "This contains all the items we're selling. Gifts can also be won through small games that we'll be playing," she gave them a customer friendly smile. "If there are no questions you can take a seat right over there."

"Thank you," Xander said as they walked to the ribbon and heart decorated seats.

They made it so the couples could sit together side by side. Xander allowed Ayden to sit first. Upon sitting Xander opened the menu. As expected there were countless selections. Xander handed it to Ayden. He was still flustered by the whole ordeal. "Are you sure this is okay?" Ayden eyed him wearily. This was a first for him.

"If I wasn't sure I wouldn't be here," he assured him.

Ayden's expression changed as he admired Xander's features. "What happened to your ear?"

Xander almost forgot. He touched his slightly red ear remembering Lisa. "Can I ask you something? More like a request." Xander got right down to it. He didn't want Lisa pulling at his ear again.

"Sure, anything." Ayden finally took the time to look over the menu.

"You do make up for weddings right?" Ayden nodded. "A friend of mine is having her wedding next week. She needed a makeup artist and I told her about you."

"When's the wedding?" Ayden asked, finally looking up from the menu.

"Next Saturday" Xander replied. "She was hoping to see some of your work"

"We're having something like an open house this weekend. She could come then." Ayden paused. "You can also come if you like."

Xander would of course never refuse Ayden's invitation. "I'll be there."

A waiter soon walked over. "Are you ready to order?"

They glanced between each other.

The waiter looked towards Ayden who had the menu. "Iced tiramisu latte for two" Ayden looked at Xander asking if that was OK. Xander gave a small smile of approval. What could happen from a slight change from a cup of coffee to a latte?

The waiter left the two and silence passed through them. Their legs brushing lightly under the table.

"How where the cookies?" Xander attempted at small conversation. He enjoyed his and Lisa'd gobbled up most of them at work. Xander even gave his microwave friend a few.

Ayden smiled happily. "They were delicious. Though oddly shaped."

Xander laughed. "Jessica did those by herself." They weren't circular but they were shaped in an odd way. Ayden was happy and proud either way.

"Thank you," Ayden said. "For baking with Jessica. I can't bake so I appreciate it."

"Maybe we could bake sometime too," Xander found himself saying. "I'm no pro but I think my baking and cooking skills are okay," he slightly praised himself.

Ayden replied. "Your cooking skills are great."

Xander found how good it was to be praised by Ayden. He was grinning from ear to ear. The waiter came back with their order. Both watched shockingly as the man placed a large latte on the table. It consisted of not only one straw but two.  They looked at each other, a faint red creeping its way up both of their faces.

What did they expect? 

The coffee shop was having a couples event after all. 

EDITED