08.

"Where are you going?" Lisa's voice rang through the half empty department. Xander looked up to see a furious Lisa, her heels colliding harshly with the ground.

"Out for lunch," Xander simply replied, gathering the last of his things.

Xander was roughly grabbed by the ear by a short ball of fury. Her heels made it much easier to physically hurt Xander. "Ouch!" He squealed from pain. How could she have that much strength. "What did I do?"

The remaining people in the department watched in delight, like enjoying a movie at lunch. Lisa gave his arm one more squeeze before letting go. "I'm already having enough wedding problems Xander," she crossed her arms over her chest. "Have you asked your friend about being my makeup artist yet?"

Xander looked away guiltily before remembering one of the reasons of today's lunch with Ayden. "I'm just about to get it done." he informed her.

Lisa gave him a look that made sure he never forget the reason he invited Ayden out for coffee. "I would love to go-"

She was interrupted by Xander who blurted out. "No!" It came as a shock to Lisa. Xander was getting defensive for no apparent reason.

"No need to be so harsh," Lisa said, putting her hands up in defense. "I was just saying that even though I would love to go with you I can't. I have to go convince my mother in law on the type of flowers I want," this time Xander listened to the end.

He let out a breath of relief and said. "What flowers are you getting?"

"Listen to this," Lisa said. Even those sitting in the department were curiously listening or they were just plain nosy. "I wanted hydrangeas or calla lilies but my mother in law said wants roses or tulips."

Xander immediate thought was that it was about how it was Lisa's wedding so why her mother in law want her own choice of flowers was puzzling to him. "I told her roses were too cliche and tulips just weren't right," Lisa huffed . "You can't go wrong with roses - that's what she said. To hell with roses!" she threw her hands up in a fit. "I want something else."

Xander held back his laughter. "Good luck convincing her."

Lisa stormed off into the parking lot. Xander soon followed suit. He got in his car and drove out immediately. Ayden had texted him earlier telling him of the coffee shop he wanted to visit. Xander didn't mind his personal request. He had officially saved his number. He was sure Ayden had done the same.

His phone began to ring and answered after turning a corner. Only taking his eyes off the road for a short distance of time. He hurriedly answered and placed the phone on speaker.

"Hey," he chirped thinking it was Ayden.

"Xander," the familiar voice said. He was immediately disappointed. He should have checked the caller ID before acting so hastily. "Are you hearing me?"

"Yes I'm hearing you Marianna," he kept his eyes on the road. "What's up? How's Jake?"

"He's doing great. Just joined his school baseball team. They had a game last week and they won," Xander was proud of his nephew. He hadn't seen him in awhile. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about, Jake." Mariannas voice attained a level of seriousness.

"What is it? Is something wrong?" Xander asked, concern lingering from ever word.

"You remember that Jake's birthday is next week right." Xander remained silent. He had indeed forgot his nephews birthday. "Don't tell me you forgot," his older sister sighed.

"I've been busy."

"Anyways," she let it slide. "I'm inviting you. Bring someone along if you like. A friend.... A lover." Mariana teased. "If you have one, of course," she added, snickering at the other end. "Also if you know anyone with a kid that would be a bonus. The more the merrier."

Xander's mind immediately traveled to Ayden. He could invite him. Bring along Jessica. It would be away for Jessica to have some fun. Xander would invite him when he got the chance.

"I'll be there," he confirmed.

"Don't forget." Marianna said before hanging up.

Xander arrived at the coffee shop. He took of his tie and undo the first button on his dress shirt. He didn't want to look too professional. Getting out the car he noticed Ayden standing out front. Jogging up to him Xander asked. "Why aren't you waiting inside?"

Ayden had a look of disappointment in his eyes. Could he possibly not want to have coffee with Xander after all. "I'm sorry," he apologized, running a hand through his blond hair.

"Why are you apologizing?" Xander was getting anxious.

"I know I choose this place but I didn't know this would happen," Ayden explained himself. "I should've checked before."

Was this current situation due to a unsightly change in his schedule. "What's wrong?"

"The coffee shop..." Ayden trailed, his cheeks gaining a familiar shade of red. "Is having a couples event. So um..." Ayden hesitated. 

"Only couples can enter."

EDITED