12.

It was just a casual outing yet Xander felt nervous. It was like seeing Ayden on any other day like he usually did. Xander fixed his hair for what seemed like the hundredth time as he looked in the mirror one more time. His usual suit and tie was replaced with something more casual. Did he look too casual? Was his hair okay? Sniffing his armpit Xander took up his Cologne and applied some more, once again going through another series of worries before the doorbell rang him out of his chain of thoughts.

It had to be Lisa. She said her fiancé would drop her off so Xander could drive her to the assigned destination.  Running down the stairs Xander opened the front door and saw a perfectly ready Lisa.

"Wow," she said, letting herself in. Xander closed the door behind her. "What's got you all dressed up. This is by far the best I've seen you."

Xander felt relieved. If Lisa said you looked good then you did. "I'm dressed like I normally am." Xander searched for his keys.

Lisa rolled her eyes playfully. Its going to take Xander a lot more to convince Lisa. "I'm not sure if we're going to look at makeup or something else."  Lisa shrugged.

Finally finding his key. Xander looked up at Lisa. She was dressed in simple jeans and a floral blouse. Her hair flowing onto her shoulders. Simple yet hard to miss. "I don't know what you mean." Xander walked across the room. Now searching for his wallet.

"I'm sure everyone's realized it too," before Xander could ask what about him that's attracted the attention of others. Lisa said. "Your mood is chipper. You leave work unusually early. Not to mention the cookies," Lisa made sure to add. "And that drawing the other day," Lisa smirked. "That's right I saw it."

"Firstly," Xander said, trying to sound as calm as possible. "I've baked cookies plenty times before."

"When your nephew was around and that was one time Xander. Its been years since you last saw him"

"Secondly," Xander ignored her. "I leave work at normal hours. Lastly, that was a gift." having finding his wallet and ready go Xander added. "Are you ready?"

Xander placed the texted address in his car GPS system before the headed out. The ride was settled in a unbearable silence.

"Did you get the flowers you wanted?" Xander asked.

Just to the corner of his eyes he saw Lisa showing a satisfied smile. "I got the  hydrangeas."

"That's great" Xander replied. "How did you convince her?"

"I have my ways"

They pulled up in the parking lot of medium sized building. It was painted in pastel pink. And a huge sign above read. 'Lorenzo's beauty parlor'

Many women were walking inside and few men among them. Both entered and stared in awe. The inside was spacious and truly beautiful. Women looked from item to item. Some were even testing them out, others getting their makeup done.  

Xander got a look into Ayden's life. He was truly different. The type of different he loved. Lisa pulled Xander to a shelf. She started admiring the products and talking about them. Xander only pretended to listen. He knew nothing of this stuff.

A sudden body collided with Xander. He looked to see that it was Jessica. She had some light make up on. "Someone's looking extra beautiful today," he crouched to her level.

"Thank you Xander," Jessica smiled. "Daddy did it."

Lisa watched the two interact. Xander has truly changed over the past days. "This is my friend Lisa," Xander introduced. Lisa smiled and waved at her. "I want to introduce her to Ayden."

A sudden voice came calling out for Jessica. "Jess!" The owner of the voice sighed in relief when they saw Jessica. "Don't run off like that," he looked to see Xander and Lisa. "I'm sorry," he then turned to Jessica. "You can't disturb the customer."

"Xander's not a customer. He's daddy's special friend," she pouted.

Her words shocked Xander - it made Lisa think her ears weren't working. "Xander..." The pink headed boy said. "That Xander!" He exclaimed. "I'm sorry. Ayden's busy with classes. For now just follow me"

While following the pink hair boy, Xander asked. "What type of classes does he teach?" It was the second time he heard that Ayden was a teacher of some sorts.

"Make up. He teaches people how to apply makeup excreta..." he said. That much should have been obvious to Xander.

The further they went. The more fascinating it became. A small room came into view. Behind the glass walls you could see Ayden teaching his class. He looked so engrossed in his task. Ayden then walked over to a guy and assisted him with something. 

On his way back to the front of the room. His eyes locked with Xander's. Though he couldn't hear what he was talking about he knew Ayden had fumbled over his words.

Lisa and the pink haired boy watched the awkward exchanges of  glances each drawing their own conclusions.

EDITED