17.

Ayden and Xander wasted no time in rushing out the house. Xander couldn't believe Jessica got into a fight. He had an idea why.

"Did they tell you why?" Xander asked as he got into the drivers seat.

"No, they said I should come to the school to discuss it," Ayden said. He didn't care that he had bed hair. Jessica was more important.

Xander drove them to the school as quickly as he could. Ayden rushed inside as soon as Xander parked the car. He rushed inside soon after. Ayden stood at the reception. Xander looked around hoping to see Jessica. He heard a faith calling of his name. It was Jessica. She sat outside a door. Xander went towards her.

Jessica immediately started crying. "I don't want daddy to be angry at me."

Xander looked back at Ayden. He hadn't realize he was gone. Looking back at Jessica he noticed that she had a bruise on her cheek. "Who did that?"

Jessica started crying more. "Lin," she managed to say. "She started saying awful things about daddy again."

Xander wiped away her tears. He knew Jessica was a good girl. "Don't worry we'll figure this out."

"Jess," Ayden shouted as he ran towards them. He took her in a hug. Noticing the bruise on her cheeks he asked. "What happened?"

Jessica looked at Xander for help. As Xander promises himself before if the situation got out of hand he would inform Ayden. Now was that time.

"Mr. Lorenzo," A grey haired man dressed in a suit said. He came from inside the room Jessica sat beside. "Come in."

All three walked towards the door. The grey haired man stopped and said. "Only parents," he was referring to Xander.

Ayden looked at Xander then at the principal. "He's also her parent."

The words had Xander's heart bubbling with excitement. Though he would want to hear those words again. The situation still remained serious so he pushed his thoughts aside. The man sighed then allowed them in. Inside were Lin parents. The two scowled at Ayden and Jessica. Lin also had a few bruises. Xander thought why would such a girl say bad things about Ayden. He could only imagine what she's said.

Taking a seat the principal began. "As you both know your daughters were involved it a fight" he took up a piece of paper. "During first period-"

He was cut short by Lin mother. "She's obviously the one who started it," she said. "She's hated my daughter ever since she didn't give her one of her cookies," she looked at Jessica in disgust. "She should be suspended. Better yet expelled. Such a violent child shouldn't be able to attend this school."

Ayden looked at Xander. He had figured out why they baked all those cookies. Xander felt angry. He wanted to shut this woman up.

"Mrs. Maple please allow me to finish before you voice your opinions," the principal said, annoyed at her sudden outburst. "As I was saying before, during first session Lin and Jessica started out in a disagreement that the teacher thought she had settle. By the end of the class they both started fighting." He placed the paper down. "What was the argument about?"

Xander placed his hands on Jessica's shoulder to encourage her. She took a deep breath. "Lin said some awful things about dad."

"Liar!" Mrs. Maple shouted. "My daughter would never do such a thing. She's well mannered," her husband rested a hand on her shoulder to calm her.

"What did she say?" The principal asked, ignoring Mrs. Maple sudden outburst.

Jessica sat quietly. It was difficult for her to say those words. Especially with Ayden present. The Principal turned towards Lin. "What did you say to hurt Jessica's feelings?"

Lin looked at her parents. Unlike Jessica she was willing to say what she wanted to. "I just told her the truth. Her dad is a awful human being. He wears makeup like he's a girl. My mom says he's not normal," Mrs. Maple gave a shock filled expression at the fact that her daughter would repeat such a thing. "She doesn't have a mother. Her dad isn't her real dad. He's a fa-"

Her words where cut short when Jessica got up from her seat and slapped Lin across the cheek. She was crying non stop but that didn't stop her. Mrs. Maple angrily stood to her feet. Xander stood before her. Gritting his teeth from anger.

"As far as I'm concerned you don't have any right to be angry at anyone except your daughter. " Xander said, clenching his fist to control his anger. "You say she's well mannered yet you teach her such things. What if Ayden wears makeup. Nothing's wrong with it. You wear such hideous close yet no one tell you how awful you look. That's because its not their problem. So what Ayden does isn't your problem." He looked at Ayden who was comforting Jessica.

"He's her father and the best parent I know. Jessica might not have a mother but she has a great dad to raise her," he looked Mrs. Maple dead in the eyes. "So Mrs. Maple I think you should calm down and actually think about how to raise your daughter to be well mannered."

Xander walked away feeling satisfied. The principal sighed at the current change of events. "Jessica I need for you to write a essay on why fighting is bad as for Lin I think a suspension is due."

As the meeting ended. Xander drove them home. Not to his house but to Ayden's and Jessica's home.

EDITED