05.

When Xander got up the following morning he smelt bacon and toast. He immediately headed downstairs to find the source. In his kitchen stood Ayden. Xander was quite pleased by the sight.  

His eyes caught Jessica eating her breakfast in the other room. She was already ready for school. Xander braced himself against the door frame as he watched Ayden. 

The younger man almost dropped a few strips bacon at the sight of Xander, taking a few breaths to calm himself down. "G-Good morning"

Xander saw that the man was flustered. He averted his gaze from Xander. 'Was he still flustered from the scare?'.

Xander walked over and grabbed a slice of bacon. He'd never thought he would wake up to home cooked breakfast. 'Something I could get used to' he chuckled to himself.

Ayden was still averting his gaze. Finding the plate of bacon interesting. Xander even saw a faint shade of red on the younger man cheeks.

"Could you maybe put on a shirt?" Ayden asked, addressing what made him felt all flustered.

Xander looked down at his bare chest. He too took on a shade of familiar red on his cheeks. "S-Sorry." Xander apologized. "A habit of mine."

Xander ran upstairs taking the opportunity to shower and get dressed for work. He fitted himself in his usual suit and when he got back downstairs Ayden was doing Jessica's hair.

Xander observed the man, watching how he skillfully did his daughters hair into two side ponytails. Ayden was truly a dad among dads. If Xander had a daughter he would have had to turn to Google to learn a few things. He was quite unskilled in that department.

Then again if Ayden was still in his life at that point he would ask the younger man for a few tips. Xander entered the living area, grabbing his briefcase then turning to the younger man and his daughter. "Are we ready?"

Jessica eagerly went for her backpack. Ayden watched his daughter excitedly. She was never this eager to go to school. He could also not shake the feeling of worry. This was the first morning and first time he's placed his daughter in someone else's care.

He knew Xander was a good man. He's never met anyone as generous as him. Ayden noticed how he was enjoying Xander's company though he would never say or show it. He was becoming a bit too comfortable. 'This is only a one time thing' Ayden thought.

"There's no need to fret," Xander said noticing the younger man worried expression. "I'll drop her off and pick her up after school. After work you can come get her."

The plan was simple yet Ayden was still wrapping his head around it. "Are you sure this is okay?"

Xander stared into the man brown orbs. He ignored the rapid beating of his heart and said. "Yes I'm one hundred percent sure, its you I'm worried about,"

Ayden averted his gaze, looking everywhere else apart from into Xander's eyes. Something about the older man had him feeling unusual."I'll be fine."

Jessica gave Ayden a goodbye kiss on the cheek before she left. The two men said their goodbyes. Xander buckled Jessica in the back seat and she got to colouring once again. Ayden watched by the front entrance as the car drove away. Xander felt like he was bidding goodbye by his lover, which was something he wanted to get use to.

They pulled up in the schools parking lot as the little bundles of joys ran inside ready for a enjoyable day at school. Xander turned around and looked at Jessica. She was putting her crayons back in her bag. Xander got out and helped her out.

Bidding her farewell Xander watched as she disappeared into the school building. He stood for awhile longer allowing this possibly one time feeling to settle. Was this how every parent felt dropping their kids off at school.

Xander hopped back into the drivers seat. Reversing out the drive way Xander saw that Jessica had left her art work. When Xander arrived safely at work he took the opportunity to looking at what Jessica had drawn before entering the building.

He gingerly opened the white folded paper. It took him by surprise. Jessica had drawn him, Ayden and herself. The corner of his lips tugged into a smile. She had drawn all three of them having a cup of hot chocolate at Xander's house. Just on the coffee table he saw three bars of chocolate.

Such a small piece of art was tugging at his heart. Both Ayden and Jessica were truly having an impact on his life.

Lisa approached him in the parking lot. She eyed the man as he foolishly smiled at something in his hands.

"What's got you smiling so early in the morning?" Lisa peered over his hands but Xander was quicker.

He quickly stuffed the piece of paper in his pocket. "Good morning Lisa." Xander tried not to look suspicious.

Lisa pushed his suspicious behavior aside. She had her wedding to think about. "I'm just going to ignore that." Lisa grabbed onto Xander's arm pulling him towards the building. "Let's talk about my wedding plans."

Luckily they weren't busy in the morning so they loads of time to discussing her wedding. Xander entered the elevator along with Lisa. Keeping a tight grip on the drawing in his pocket.

"Today is going to be a good day" he thought.  

EDITED