07.

When Ayden arrived at Xander's residence he was assaulted by the delicious smell of cookies. He'd wondered why his daughter was excitedly telling him to buy a carton of milk. He wondered if Jessica had been good, not giving Xander any unnecessary trouble.

Closing the door as gently as he could. He didn't want the two to be aware of his presence just yet. Peeping his head around the entrance he saw Jessica standing on a footstool. She gently placed cookies into a container. Xander was over at the oven taking out another freshly baked batch.

The kitchen was messy. Just how and why did they end up baking cookies. "Those are for daddy," he heard Jessica say.

"I haven't forgotten," Xander said, placing those in another container.

Ayden didn't know if it was his cue to enter. They were busy and he didn't want to distract his daughter from her first baking experience. Ayden was horrendous at cooking not to mention baking. It was only after having Jessica did he learn a few basics from a close friend. Ayden retreated back into the living area. "They don't need the milk just yet, right?" Ayden thought before he took out his phone and began checking his schedule.

Just in the kitchen Xander wondered why Ayden wasn't home as yet. They had just finished the last batch of cookies. Xander had feared the cookies would be tasteless or even burnt but instead they were delicious for his first try after such a long time.

Jessica was beyond excited. Helping out whenever she could. It warmed Xander's heart just being able to enjoy baking with Jessica. They had baked three sets of cookies. One Jessica would bring to school and share with her classmates. She also made it very clear she wouldn't give one to Lin. Xander tried talking her out of it but her reasons where valid. Xander wasn't one to support such a thing but when Jessica looked at him clearly upset, he caved in.

The other set was for Ayden. Jessica put all her hard work into that one. Xander only assisted with the difficult parts. These cookies where different. Instead of chocolate chip, Jessica added raisins. Xander was pleased to find out something new about Ayden, the younger man was fond of raisins. The last set was for Xander. Jessica insisted he got some too. Though it was too much, Xander just thought about sharing some with Lisa.

Xander placed the last of Ayden's cookies into the container. Jessica had finished putting away Xander's cookie and started separating hers into gift bags - something both of them had picked up before getting down to business. Xander saw Jessica was running out of a few gift bags and said. "I'll get the rest from in the living area."

Jessica nodded as she tied a ribbon around the top. When Xander arrived in the living area he was startled senseless. Ayden was sitting on his couch and he failed to realize someone had entered his house. Luckily the it was only Ayden.

"Hi," Ayden said, trying to hold back his laughter. A startled Xander wasn't something he would be able to experience much less found to be cute. "Here's the milk," he raised it.

"Why didn't you tell us you were here" Xander took the milk. Their fingers slightly brushing together. Xander blushed deeper. It was only a small physical contact. Yet, Xander's heart was racing a mile a minute. 'I must really be tired'  he thought.

Ayden on the other had was having an internal crisis. Why was a man he'd only met days ago affecting him so much. He was redder than a tomato."I didn't want to disturb the Jessica and Xander baking show."

Xander laughed at his small attempt at humor. Ayden was truly a great guy. Beyond beautiful and his tall slender frame made it hard for Xander to keep his eyes away.

"There's something in your hair," Ayden got to his feet. Xander wanted to take it out himself but his hands had small dried patches of cookie batter.

Ayden stood just a foot in front of Xander. He had to stand on the tip of his toes to get whatever made it's way into Xander's hair. His V neck shirt hung lightly off his chest giving Xander a chance to get a glimpse under it. Now he was looking at the younger man pale chest. Xander berated himself for such an action.

Ayden stood firmly on his feet. Locking eyes with Xander. It hadn't daunt on him just how close they were. They stared into the depths of each others eyes.

Just what was this....

"Xander why aren't -" Jessica stopped when she saw Ayden. She immediately got excited, ready to tell him about her day. "Dad you're here."

Both men frightened by Jessica's sudden intrusion scrambled a few feet away from each other. Ayden welcomed Jessica with a huge hug. Xander smiled at the sight.

"Would you like to go for a cup of coffee tomorrow," Xander asked, scratching the back of his neck nervously. It was about time he got through with Lisa's request. There was no hidden meaning right? "If your free and okay with it," he added.

"That would be great," Ayden replied, giving Xander a smile which he was fond of. They stood staring at each other for a while before they were interrupted by an excited Jessica. 

"Cookies and milk for dinner!"

EDITED