Chapter Seven: Jace's P.O.V

Both Izzy and I were worried about Alec, he hadn't been home for three days now, and considering the state of mind he was last in, that's not a good sign. We were gearing up in order to go search for him when we heard the door to the Institute open; casting each other a confused glance, we went downstairs only to see Alec standing in the main corridor with the one-and-only Magnus Bane at his side; I only growled at the warlock though. I had bigger fish to fry.

"Alexander Gideon Lightwood, where were you!?" I practically yelled, and I could hear Izzy snickering behind me making a comment under her breath to Clary about how I sounded like an overprotective mother. "You did not call, or send a text, or even send a simple little fire message at least letting us know that you were alive!" I turned to Magnus and pointed at him. "And you! Why are you here? I thought you two were broken up! And why is everyone staring at me!?"

Alec scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "Well, you see. It's kind of a long story."

Izzy stepped forward from behind me, "Oh we have nothing but time." Then as if it were an unspoken agreement, we made our way towards the library. The Heavenly Fire coursed through my veins, I could only feel it like this when I was getting emotional about something, the Silent Brothers have helped me control it most of the time though.

Both Magnus and Alec sat on the couch, their thighs touching and hands stuck together like they were clued like that, but I was still confused on if they had gotten back together or not.

"Well?" I asked impatiently; knowing that I was being a bag of dicks but not caring. My Parabatai went missing without word for a couple of days so quite frankly; I felt that I had the right to act this way.

Alec stayed silent and played with their intertwined hands; I guess that Magnus took it upon himself to speak up because he started the story, which in all honesty wasn't as long as they made it sound.

"Okay, well, where to begin, I guess at the beginning. Alec got really drunk- I mean really drunk, and showed up at my apartment the other night," he paused and looked at Alec. His eyes were glossed over and his face emotionless again. Then Magnus continued.

"I brought him inside-- well, more like he forced his way in, and I clean him up. I could see he was drunk and I couldn't figure out why he was at my apartment at three or four in the morning. We sat awkwardly on the couch before I finally got Alec to explain everything. He made me shut up and listen to what he had originally tried to say in the dark subway, and this time I actually listened." He looked over to Alec and everyone could see the blush on his cheeks, which broke the whole emotionless composure thing.

"After listening to his side of the story and us talking more and more, I broke down, and he did too. We were a crying mess, apologizing for everything, then we ended up cuddling but--" he stopped when he saw my face of horror, "--oh yeah, you didn't need to know that part. Anyway, Alec asked if we could be together again and I said yes, of course, so now here we are."

I rolled my eyes as I sighed. "So the happy gay couple is back together, and that's great and all but please explain why he was gone for a full three days with no contact." And what I said was true, it is great, and I'm more than happy, but I'm not going to show that I care that much. I'm Jace.

Alec looked up from his and Magnus' hands, his blue eyes weren't glossed over and emotionless anymore, instead they were their rightful sparkling blue again. And though his eyes showed what he was feeling at every moment, there was still a barrier there, holding something back. But I wasn't complaining because beggars can't be choosers. If he was showing just an ounce of emotion I would be happy enough. His whole 'colder than a serial killer' thing had been starting to get out of hand and not to mention scary.

"That part was his fault," he rolled his eyes towards the glitter-less warlock.

Wait.

Hold up.

Glitter-less? How did I miss that?!

When Alec followed my gaze, he realized why my mouth was hanging open. "Oh yeah, Magnus left out the glitter today for me." This got an 'awe' from Izzy and smile from me, "anyway, back to the explanation, I spent the night that night that I was drunk, then the day after that we were handing out and rebuilding our relationship, talking more and saying sorry so many damn times that him saying it is seared into my brain." He chuckled softly.

"Then today we sat around and I finally remembered to come back to the institute, it was like I was in some wonderland and I forgot about the outside world so, I guess...sorry?" He smiled a little and shrugged his shoulders.

Before I could even get another word in, Izzy went and squealed, managing to bust my eardrums in the process. "I know you two would get back together! You guys are my OTP and when you broke up I thought my ship was sinking!" All three of us looked at Izzy in confusion before she took and hint and explained.

"Clary introduced me to the internet. And then to the mundane art of 'shipping,' which is where you have two people and kind of squish them into a relationship before it happens, though most of the time it never happens." I rolled my eyes; I should have known Clary would show her something like that, wait, Clary, oh crap. We have a date tonight and I need to get ready and pick her up.

"Okay then, this has been a lovely chat," I said, walking over to Alec and patting him on the back, but not before shooting daggers Magnus' way. "Hurt him again, and I will personally kill you with my Heavenly Fire, and if he turns into what he did last time, then I'll kill you twice over."

It was really just a threat though, I couldn't use the fire if I wanted to, and I don't really know how to do that. Magnus mumbled something to Alec about how smooth this conversation went, then Alec laughed and it was the most wondrous sound I'd heard in the past two weeks. I just hoped that the Playing-With-Death Alec would go away and never return. With my last goodbyes, I left the Institute and went to go grab Clary, not bothering to change since I was already late.