Iridium (One Direction, AU, Niam)

I laid curled against the floor, my wet forehead against the cold linoleum and my hands covered the back of my neck. I tried not to think of everything that was around me. The floor that is littered with papers and wooden shrapnel. Metal lockers deformed beyond compare. Lunches strewn about and forgotten. Desks lay on their sides and doors that were blown clean off their hinges and are split perfectly down their middle. Nothing was left intact, nothing was spared. The air around me is covered in dust, and silence. The fire alarms long done their job. The sprinkles were made to quit their job before they could even begin. Not that they were even needed, there was no fire, there was nothing of the sort.

There was just me.

Me, the indestructible tornado or misery. 

I had been spectacular at hiding it for eight years. Nobody had found out because I was careful. I was always careful. Never had a slip up in my life. I never let anybody too close so as they may trigger it and make me lose control. I was always careful I promise. 

My hands fell from my neck and slid over the top of my dust covered hair and landed with a soft thud against the floor. Slowly, carefully, because I was always careful, I used those hands to lift my torso off the floor, my head continuing to droop down, my chin resting against my chest in defeat. Papers slid beneath my shaking hands as I pushed up. My body soon fell back on my hunches, but even then, my shaking body won over and I dropped onto my rear and had to lean against the shattered doorway. 

I looked around, taking it all in at once, once again. I squeezed my eyes shut once I had seen enough and dropped my head back into my knees. I had been careful. What went wrong? When had I not been careful? I was always careful. 

But not this time.