Chapter Twenty Five ~

"Can you say Tae-Tae?" Taehyung asked the small toddler in his arms.

Eden looked at him with wonder. Her eyes scanned his face as he talked to her. She pointed to Jimin with her small finger as Taehyung tried to get her to say her name. "Ji?"

Jimin smiled, his eyes nearly disappearing into his plump cheeks. "Yay! She knows my name now!"

Taehyung frowned. "Well there's no need to brag."

Jimin snickered. "You're just jealous!"

Jungkook rolled his eyes at his friends before taking his daughter from Taehyung's grasp. "I believe it's time for your nap, huh?" Jungkook smiled and kissed her nose.

"Aw, what?" Taehyung pleaded. "I just got to hold her."

"My daughter needs her sleep, Tae," Jungkook spoke. "Do you want her being cranky and upset? I don't think so."

"I'm sorry, but I think you're mistaken," Jimin quipped. "She's my daughter."

"I thought she was mine," Taehyung pouted, reaching his hand up to the small child in his friend's arm. She was trying to grab it, a very determined yet cute expression displayed on her face.

"I'm the one that made her!" Jungkook gasped.

Jimin tsked his friend. "My daughter does not need to hear that talk, Jungkookie. Please refrain from that."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "I swear, I only signed up for one kid, not three."

Eden giggled, as if she had understood the joke before she leaned forward and grasped one of Taehyung's long fingers. Taehyung smiled and rose, planting several kisses on her face. Jungkook let the two play a little bit but after a while he told his friends that he would be back after Eden had started her nap.

Once he came back, his daughter fast asleep in her crib, he sat down with his two friends in the living room. "All right, Taehyung, do you have any ideas?"

"For what?" the male asked, attentive and ready to solve some sort of life or death situation.

"I need to find a job," Jungkook answered.

"Ah," Taehyung exclaimed. "That."

"We didn't have much luck at the mall today," Jimin noted, his voice a bit down. "I did get my little girl some super cute clothes, though."

"That she didn't need," Jungkook growled. "But I'm sure she thanks you."

"I would spend all my money for her any day!" Jimin cheered.

"So you went to the mall and what, looked around for help wanted signs?" Taehyung asked.

"Basically," Jungkook stated.

"I don't know why they wouldn't accept you even if they didn't need an extra hand," Taehyung said as he crossed his legs. "You would be great for business."

"That's what I said!" Jimin agreed.

"Maybe you could go around Seoul and pick out the more developing stores to work at," Taehyung suggested. "Like small clothing stores or cafes."

"That's a good idea," Jimin said.

"They might not have the best pay, though," Jungkook added.

Taehyung shrugged. "I'm just coming up with stuff. You didn't ask for good ideas, Kookie. Just ideas."

The three sat in silence for a few minutes before Taehyung snapped his fingers, two sets of eyes drawn to him immediately. "Hey, you remember all those other companies that asked you to come to them?"

"From when I was a trainee?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung nodded. "Yeah, them. You've only improved over the years, correct?" Jungkook nodded, wanting his friend to continue. "Well, why don't you go to them and ask if you could join them or something."

"That would be a stab in manager-nim's heart," Jimin piped up.

"I think you're on to something, Tae," Jungkook smirked.

"I'm just saying. They know you can still sing and dance. It's not like you auditioned and then abandoned everything."

"You could be like the eighth member of GOT7 or something," Jimin chuckled.

"Oh yeah," Taehyung said, smiling. "Aren't we supposed to have one?"

Jimin nodded, but he soon stopped, widening his eyes. "We do, now that I think about it."

"Wait I thought you guys were down to six now," Jungkook wondered, confused and lost.

"It's been Eden this whole time!" Jimin giggled.

"Oh yes, of course," Taehyung agreed. "All along, it's been our little sweet heart."

"My little sweet heart," Jungkook growled.

"Chill out, Jungkook," Jimin joked. "It's not like we're going to steal her or something."

Jungkook made eye contact with the boy for a few seconds until Jimin flung himself up from his chair, running towards Jungkook's room. "Don't worry, baby, I'm coming!"

"PARK JIMIN, SIT YOUR BUTT BACK DOWN!" Jungkook shrieked, following his friends, leaving Taehyung alone to his thoughts. He merely smiled at his close friends as he heard them toss words back and forth about the small child who was probably going to wake up from all the commotion.

***

"Hey, why don't you come to the dorm tomorrow?" Taehyung asked as he stood up, ready to leave after a few hours of talking. The sky was already black with night and the stars weren't visible under the thick clouds that hung heavy with rain. "Hoseok is supposed to be doing something tomorrow so he won't be there. I'll text you for sure, though."

"I'll think about it," Jungkook said.

"Bring Eden along, okay? The others are getting upset because they don't get to see her as much as Jiminie," Taehyung chuckled.

Jimin would have responded, but he was fast asleep on the couch. Eden sat on his legs, watching the TV in front of her as she sucked on her pacifier. Her small fingers fumbled with the blanket under her as she tried to take in as much knowledge from the show about numbers. The sight was genuine and Taehyung had already taken several photos to remember the moment.

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do." Jungkook stood up and hugged his friend before sending him off. He then shut the door and locked it before going to fetch his daughter. He picked her up and then sat her on the ground in front of Jimin's face. "Are you going to give him a good-night kiss, honey?"

Eden looked at her dad, confused.

"Kiss?" Jungkook repeated.

Eden looked at Jimin before patting his cheek and walking away, leaving her dad to chuckle. He stood up and turned off everything before finding his daughter to get her ready for bed.

---

Have a great Valentine's Day!