Moving is . . . rough.

Y/N POV:

"Are you packed and ready to leave yet?" mom asked. "No. I told you I'll do it later." I said. "We're leaving in 30 minutes! Go pack now!" Mom practically yelled. "Ugh!!! Fine. But why do we have to leave anyway?" I stated. "Because the landlord said we HAVE to leave since we can't afford to live here anymore." Mom said. "So won't we have that trouble everywhere we go?!?!" I asked. "Actually I found a house that we can afford in New York. And...I found a job there at a bakery." said mom as she smirked. "Now go pack so we can leave."

I trudged up the stairs not in the mood to pack. I opened the door and stared at the empty room. The only things I had was a bed and a closest with my dresses in it. It was just me and my mom and we weren't exactly the richest family. But we weren't poor like living on the streets poor. The landlord never really liked me and my mom. So he's been raising the rent the last few months and he's finally raised it enough to get us to leave. I grabbed my suitcase and opened it. I took my dresses from my closet and shoved them in my suitcase. But I struggled to close it so I jumped on it to close it. Still nothing, so I sat on it. After jumping and sitting on it for what felt like forever finally I heard it close. "Finally." I mumbled under my breath.

As I walked out of my room with my suitcase I took one last look into my room. "Huh? I'll really miss this place." I said with a surprising voice. "(Y/n)! Come on the carriage is here!" my mom shouted. I ran down the stairs and walked out the door. I took one last look into the house. It was the last time seeing it. I closed the door and got in the carriage. "Ready?" mom said. "Yup" I said "Ready as I'll ever be.".

Sorry for the short chapter. It was just to explain the moving process. I hope you enjoyed it. I promise I'll have a longer chapter next time. I'll see you soon! 🙃

~PEGGY🌻
Word count: 384 words

More Than Friends (John Laurens x reader)COMPLETED जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें