Revolution? Count me in!

(Y/n) POV:

           "Have you heard of the revolution we're starting between Britain?" Angelica asked out of nowhere. "No. I didn't even know there was a revolution anywhere!" I said wanting her to speak more. You see I believe that we should be free from Britain. But even more important to me, freeing the slaves. I don't like to think of having slaves. No matter who you are you shouldn't be allowed to have them! "Well I want to be a nurse there but I'm too young apparently!" Peggy said disappointed. "Over thousands of men already have joined." Angelica said. "What about women?" I said hoping to get a good answer but boy was I wrong. "None! Why would any woman want to fight in that terrible war!" Eliza said looking over. "Oh." I said feeling down after that answer. "Enough about revolution! Tell us about you!" Eliza said cheerfully.

             Revolution. It's all I could think about after we talked about it. I want to join. WAIT!!! I NEED to join! They need all the help they can get and I remember dad teaching me how to shoot a gun. I'm not bad at it if I say so myself. I might be as good as some of those men out there.  I finished getting ready for the day. Wearing a pink dress with my hair down.

(Here's another dress for ya 😁)                             Today I planned to ask my mom about joining the revolution

               Today I planned to ask my mom about joining the revolution. Mom understands me and I believe she'll trust me about this. I walked out of my room and slowly closed the door. It was 6 in the morning and I knew mom wasn't awake yet. (Let's just face the fact that I'm never up this early). I wanted to make breakfast for her to convince her to say yes. So I cooked eggs and put bread on the table. I got her water and made the table all fancy. Then 7:30 came and mom was up. Yeah I was still kinda tired but this is important for me. "What is all this?" Mom asked. "Breakfast! I made it just for you!" I said all cheerful. "Thank you! Now what do you want?" She said going from a happy tone to a what do you need now tone. I sat down next to her crossing my fingers under the table. "Well I-I wanted to a-ask you if I c-could..." I stuttered. "You could..." she said trying to get me to talk. "Have you heard of the revolution?" I said happy just to get normal again. "Yes and?" She said. "I-I wanted to know if I c-could join?" I asked. My mom stared at me, eyes wide and jaw dropped. "Uh  mom are you okay?" I said waving my hand in front of her face. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT JOINING THE REVOLUTION HUH!?!?" She yelled. "I just wanted to help." I whimpered slumping down in my chair. "I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO HELP WITH WAR AT ALL!!!" She yelled in my face. "What if I still find a way to join and help?" I whispered to myself. But apparently she heard what wasn't meant to be heard. "I FORBID YOU FROM LEAVING THIS HOUSE! I WILL MAKE SURE YOU STAY HERE!" She yelled once more. "YOU CAN'T TELL ME IF I STAY HERE OR NOT!" I yelled back. I couldn't take it. I was going to be the first woman in war and make a difference. "YOU KNOW WHAT JUST GO TO YOUR ROOM! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!" She yelled. "FINE! I DON'T CARE ANYWAY!" I screamed slamming the door.

              UGH! I was fuming! She doesn't understand that this country is going to change and I'm going to help. I grabbed my dresses and shoved them in my bag. I grabbed whatever I needed and shoved them in the bag as well. As soon as I finished I opened the window and threw my bag outside. Then, without a second thought I jumped out with no regrets. I started running away with so many thoughts racing through my mind. I eventually made it to the streets and just started walking like nothing had happened 45 minutes ago.

Angelica's POV:

                We were walking to (Y/n)'s house to ask to hang out with her. Our carriage arrived by the sidewalk. Eliza, Peggy, and I got out and walked to the door. I knocked on her door but no answer. I knocked again when we heard mumbling coming to the door. (Y/n)'s mom opened the door with a red face like she was mad, wait no, furious! "Uh, is (Y/n) home at the moment?" I asked sweetly. "Yes but she isn't allowed to see you right now. As a fact no one." She said mumbling the last few words. I was wondering what she meant by that. But decided to pay it no mind because it wasn't my business. "Ok well then I guess we'll be going now." I said turning my back to walk away. "Okay good." She said. I wasn't sure if I heard that right but I think she just said "good". So I decided to turn around and put my nose in her business. "Did you say good?" I said very aggravated. "Uh Angelica let's just go." Eliza said pulling in my arm. "No! I want to know what's wrong with me asking if (Y/n) was home." I said pulling my arm away. "Ugh just listen to your tiny sister if you don't mind. Haven't you heard of minding your own business?" She said smirking and making me more annoyed.

             Okay now I was beyond furious! I wanted to slap her smirk right off her face. "Okay you know what I think, you should really pay more respect to visitors!" I told her. "Yeah get it Angelica!" Peggy yelled from behind. "Who said you were visiting!?!" She scoffed. "ME CLEARLY!!!" I yelled. "Come on let's just go." Eliza said pulling me away. "Yeah go run off with your coward sisters." She called back. "DID YOU HEAR THAT ELIZA? SHE CALLED YOU GUYS COWARDS!" I screamed. "Yes I know just come on and let's shake it off." Eliza said trying to cool me down. But it didn't work because I was heated. Eliza and Peggy eventually got me in the carriage and we rode home. I just had to go cool down there before I can go anywhere else. When we arrived I ran inside and up the stairs to my room. I sat on the bed trying to forget everything that just happened.

(Y/n) POV:

             After walking for awhile I arrived at the Schuyler mansion. I knocked on the door waiting for it to open. I heard steps running to the door. The door opened wide and all I could see was a wide smiling Peggy. She pulled me in for a hug and dragged me inside. Up the stairs we went and she flung a bedroom door open. "What the heck Peggy! Why did you-" Eliza said stopping and realizing that I was here. "Oh my gosh! (Y/N)!!! Angelica get in here it's (Y/n)!" Eliza said squealing with joy. Angelica came running in giving me a huge hug. "(Y/n) we were just at your house and your mom said you weren't allowed to see anyone! So then we went to walk away and she started arguing with me by-" "Okay okay I get it." I said cutting her off. I knew she would ramble on and on about it. "I'm just glad to see you!" Angelica said. "How were you able to leave?" Peggy asked. "I ran away by going out of my window." I stated. "Oh! Makes sense." Peggy said astonished. "Do you mind if I stay here for awhile before I go back?" I asked. Ha! I'm never going back to that place! "Sure we have a guest room across from Peggy's room!" Eliza said. "Yay! (Y/n) gets to stay!" Peggy cheered. "I guess I'll go unpack then." I said. "Yeah go ahead. I'll show you your room." Peggy said.

                She walked me down the hallway to a room. "Wow! Thank you so much!" I thanked over and over. "No problem!" She said. I walked in and closed the door. I placed everything where I wanted it to be so I could get comfortable. After I put everything where I wanted, I sat down at the desk provided and pulled out my quill and parchment. And I started my letter. "I hope this reaches you before I leave" I thought to myself. And I tucked the letter away so I could send it off later. Let's hope nothing goes wrong. Right?

Word count:1468

I got the chapter out the same day as my tagged post!!! Yay! I told myself  that I was going to get this finished soon and I did! I'm proud of myself. Whale 🐳 I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I guess you'll have to wait to see who the letter goes to. Either the mom or washing machine. Who do you think? Well I guess I'll see you peeps in the next chapter! Adios!!!
                                                                                          ~PEGGY😎