A New Job

(Y/n) POV:

I woke up in John's arms. He was sleeping peacefully once again. But this time I was able to slip out of his grasp. "HA!" I whisper yelled. He smiled and opened his eyes. "I let you leave!" He smiled. "Nooooo! I got out all by myself." I bragged. "Nope!" "Yes!" "Nope!" "Yes!" And that went on for a while until John got up and tackled me to the ground.

"Don't you dare!" I yelled. He smirked and the tickling began. I was dead from laughing so much. After a few minutes John rolled over and laid beside me. The two of us were just laying on the floor by each other smiling. I was trying to catch my breath while laying there. "I'll go make breakfast" John said getting up.

After he walked out of the room I got up and went to the guest room to get dressed for the day. When I was done I went to the kitchen and saw John. "Oh here's your plate!" John cheerfully said. "Thanks!" I said grabbing it out of his hand. We ate together and talked about random things.

"Hey wanna go for a walk?" He suggested. "Sure!" And so we got up and decided to walk around the town. We found a bench and sat down. "Oh my gosh! (Y/n) look!" John squealed. "What?" I asked. He took a breath and squealed "TURTLE!!!" I saw a little turtle slowly walking in front of us.

I picked it up and I'm pretty sure John died of cuteness. "I wanna name it! I wanna name it!" He yelled. "Okay. Well...?" I said. "I don't have a name yet! But I'll tell you when I know one!" He smiled so innocently. I chuckled and let the turtle sit on my leg. "Hey uh (Y/n)? Can we um well maybe... keep him!" He hesitated to say. "Definitely!" I said.

So we sat and talked. At times we would sit in silence looking around and listening to the noisy streets of New York.

*****TIME SKIP A FEW DAYS*****
(Okay so I'm sorry if I got anything wrong with the history places and stuff. Plz no hate cuz I did research and stuff like that. Also I know Washington was elected president in 1789 but this is my story and I'm making him elected earlier. And Jefferson will be coming earlier too.)

I was sitting in the house while John was getting food from the market. There was a knock at the door. I got up to see who it was and once again it was Alex. "I need you to come with me to federal hall." He said quickly. "Hold on let me write something down so John knows where I'm at." I said. "Okay." He sighed.

We walked quickly to federal hall for this important thing Alex was telling me about. "Come on! Washington wants you here for this."He said pulling me across the building. "For what?!?!" I shouted while running. "You'll see!" He replied.

We stopped at a door and right when we were going to open it, it opened. Washington stood there looking at us with a confused look as we both were panting. "Ah dang it" Alex shouted. "Well you guys are late." He chuckled. "Yeah... we... ran... here... so... we're... tired." I said in between breaths. "Well come follow me." He said.

"So what did you need me here for?" I asked trying to keep up with his pace. "Today I was elected president and I want Alexander to be the Secretary of Treasury. And you are going to help him." He stated. "Oh cool!" I said putting a smile on my face. "And Mr. Jefferson is coming to town to be Secretary of State. He'll be here in a few days which means work starts the day after he comes back." He sternly said. "Okay." Alex said. And so I started to walk back to the house.

John's POV:

I opened the door to the house and walked in. "(Y/n) I'm home!" I shouted but no answer. "(Y/n)?!" I shouted once again. I walked into the kitchen and saw a note on the table. I got worried for a second until I read it. I gave a sigh of relief knowing she was with Alex.

I put everything away and then sat on the sofa. I didn't know when (Y/n) was going to be back so I decided to take a nap. I fell asleep on the sofa real quick.

(Y/n) POV:

I opened the door and walked inside. I saw John sleeping soundlessly on the sofa. I decided to tell him later. I got on the couch and curled up beside him. I guess I'll fall asleep here with him.

John's POV:

I felt someone curl up beside me. I'm guessing it was (Y/n) since no one else could get into the house without breaking in. That's when I decided to make a move.

I quickly grabbed a hold of her waist and opened my eyes. "Let go John!" She squealed. I laughed and held on to her tightly. "Never!" I yelled. We rolled off the sofa and onto the floor. She kept wiggling around making it hard to hold on to her.

     This went on for a while until I decided to let her go. "Oh thank goodness!" She sighed. "I'll give you a break for now." I smirked. She laughed and got up. Gosh I love her laugh, her smile, and just... HER! She's my everything!

     We walked into the kitchen and she stopped. "Hey um I forgot but I wanna tell you... I'm gonna be working with Alex!" She said. "Cool!" I said. "Yeah he's the Secretary of Treasury. And I'm helping him." She stated once again. I nodded my head and grabbed some lettuce. I walked over to a little bin that we were keeping the turtle in.

     I dropped the lettuce in it and watched him/her eat the lettuce. I smiled just watching him/her. (Comment if you want it to be a girl or boy). (Y/n) stood beside me smiling. "I love you (Y/n)!" I smiled. "I love you too John!" She said as she kissed me on the cheek.

Word count:1052

Whale I hope you guys enjoyed and once again sorry it's short. Plz comment what gender you think the turtle should be and give it a name. And I'm sorry but I'm going out of town for about 8 or 9 days. I'm leaving tomorrow morning but I will post at least one chapter during that week but it will be at night. So bye my peeps!
                                                                                               ~PEGGY🤩