A Winters Ball

******TIME SKIP TO THE DAY OF THE WINTER BALL******

(Y/n) POV:

Today was the winter ball and Alex, Laf, and Herc would not shut up about me and John. They don't know about the kiss and never will. John and I aren't a thing but we're close friends. And the few days I've been here I have gotten really close with Alex as well. Even though he can be annoying and obnoxious, he's still my friend. "Hey what's up?" John said walking into the tent. "The sky." I said proudly. "You know what I mean!" John said sitting beside me. "I'm just writing to someone." I said. "Who?" He asked. "A person." I replied. "What person?" He said getting closer. "Uh someone I don't feel like discussing right now." I told him. "(Y/n). Who?" He said. "Not telling" I said shaking my head. "Then I guess you asked for this." He said. Next thing I know John tackled me to the floor and is now tickling me. "Stop stop stop I'll tell you! Okay?" I laughed. "Okay who?" John asked sitting up. "Fine... my... mom." I said very hesitant. "Why couldn't you tell me that in the first place?" He asked smiling. "Well it's just that we don't talk as much as we used to." I said slowly. "Why what happened?" He asked very cautious. "I asked her if I could join the revolution and she flipped out and I ran away." I said. "Oh. Sorry I shouldn't have asked then I guess." He sadly said. "No it's fine!" I said trying to cheer him up. I laid my head on his shoulder. He gave a soft smile and put his head on mine.

The hours were passing by fast. I was excited to see Peggy but nervous to see Angelica and Eliza. Would they be mad? Or would they not care? Whatever it was, it was getting close to the time for the ball. And soon enough that time came! I was getting ready and I was almost finished. Wow being out here made me move faster I guess. I chuckled to myself and finished putting up my hair. "You ready- woah!" John said walking in. "You look great!" He said. "Thanks!" I said giving a little spin. John came over and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "What's that for?" I asked smiling. "You're my date so I thought I should do that." He shrugged. He locked hands with mine and we walked out of the tent. We got in the carriage that was waiting and left for the Schuyler mansion. "Why aren't the guys riding with us?" I asked. "I wanted some personal time with you." He said.

The ride was quiet as I put my head on John's shoulder and he put his head on mine. Finally we made it to the Schuyler mansion. John climbed out and gave me his hand to hold on to. "Shall we go m'lady!" He said with a fancy accent. "For sure you fine gentleman!" I said with the same accent. We smiled as we walked in holding each other's hands. But as soon as I walked in I was tackled by Peggy squeezing the life out of me with a hug. "I missed you too." I choked out. "Oh sorry! I'm just really excited! And who's this?!" She said eyeing John. "Oh my friend John Laurens!" I said as he blushed. "Oh I see." She said smirking. "Stop!" I said playfully hitting her. "Uh (Y/n)... I'm gonna go hang with the guys for awhile." He said. "Okay!" I said. "Now don't tell me you don't like him!" Peggy said. "I do and he likes me but we decided on just being close friends." I said. "Noooo! That's not fun! You guys are perfect together!" She said. "Everyone says that." I said rolling my eyes. "Well let's go see Eliza and Angelica!" She said pulling me along.

     We ran up to them and they tackled me into a hug. "Hey guys!" I said getting up. "Peggy told us everything about the revolution and you joining." Eliza said. "How is it?" Angelica asked. "So far it's pretty good! I meet some friends." I said. "One them will make her complete." Peggy whispered. "Peggy stop!" I said. "Oh I see!" Eliza said nudging my shoulder. I rolled my eyes because this was annoying. "Well where is he?!?" Angelica asked. I pointed over to where the guys were and said "the one with freckles.". "Awwwww you guys do look like you'd be cute together!!" Angelica and Eliza squealed. "See I told you!" Peggy said. "We're just friends! Okay?" I said. "Oh fine." Eliza sighed. "I'll be back! I'm gonna get a drink." I said turning away. "Okay." All three said.